• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Song is gone, Is TED Dead next?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Offering this exclusive Songservice initially on all transcontinental Delta flights beginning fall 2006 and expanding the service to include all routes over 1,750 miles over two years."

Sounds like they (Song -> Delta) do not want to compete with B6. Song had been B6's biggest competition in the New York to Fla market. That market is less than 1750 miles. Has JB won that round? Looks like it......

Juniority said:
FABIENNE: Butch, whose motorcycle is this?
BUTCH: It’s a chopper.
FABIENNE: Whose chopper is this?
BUTCH: Ted’s.
FABIENNE: Who’s Ted?
BUTCH: Ted’s dead, baby, Ted’s dead

It's a fine quote from the film Pulp Fiction, yes.

Alas, the character's name was "Zed."

Good choice, though.

I rather enjoyed the sequence about "this watch" by Christopher Walken's character. Hi-larious.

SCR

FDJ2 said:
“As Delta continues its transformation to become a more customer-focused airline..."

I find this statement really funny. Who was Delta focused on before? That's nice that they have figured out that they might want to please the customer?!

Whatever.

Heres hopeing for the best!!

Yes, everyone know's it was Zed's chopper. Yes, it was a play on words.... Sort of like interrupting a FedEx thread with:

Fabianne: Where's my MD-10-10F?
Butch: Sorry baby but I had to crash that MD-10-10F.

UAL78 said:
After (and during that time as evolution) the 10 years, you will see UAL and the other Star Alliance carriers begin to be "absorbed and assimilated into the borg" of Star Alliance. You will begin to see the removal of individual branding such as livery and logo and see instead, Star Alliance branding, marketing and paint jobs on UAL aircraft. See those Star Alliance paint jobs on airplanes owned by Star Alliance? That's the nose of the camel.

And is this the future of UAL and Star Alliance exclusively? Not on your life. Virtually every carrier (even the ones deemed "bulletproof") will hook up with somebody. Never underestimate Sir Richard Branson, either.

Is it a bad strategy? Maybe not- unless you're a traditionalist. Also, for employees, more change and more challenges. If we want to continue to go down this road (and maybe a good thread for somebody to start) I can envision a future for airlines not unlike the maritime industry of today. Look at the once mighty US shipping industry. How many ships are manned and registered in the US now? If you think that is absurd, so did the people in the shipping industry 40 years ago. Or better yet, look at some of the newspaper articles and posts right here on this board about the outsourcing of jobs- jobs never in your wildest dreams only 5 years ago, going overseas. Open your eyes, sadly, it's coming. It's about time, for pilots, that ALPA get real and start taking a lesson from the AMA about credentialing and protecting the operational-side of flying here or in 50 years, the only thing "English" on air carriers is going to be the communications language.

The only thing that never changes is change.

Just my .02.
I foresee exactly the same thing.

Dizel8 said:
I am curious, why DAL would only convert a 100 airplanes, why not the entire fleet, except of course those that are disappearing?

It's probably just a matter of getting the most bang for the buck for right now. You can't reconfigure over 500 aircraft overnight. You have to make choices on which fleet goes first. DAL has approximately 120 757s. I suspect that the 757 will be around for sometime at DAL so it's worth the investment and the typical routes flown by the 757s give that investment the most bang for the buck. Does DAL really need to invest in satelite TV for a MD flying between Huntsville and Atlanta, or is that money better spent on a 757 flying from FLL-JFK?

They probably have the 757 modifications down to a science by now. I think 100 757s criss crossing the nation with personal tvs will help Delta, more than just having 48 Song 757s doing it. It's a start.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back