• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Something's not right here at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey what about free flu shots? Seems like we've had them every year but haven't seen or heard about us geting them this year? UHC sucks! By the way why is ASA giving Skywest yet another 4 of our freaking airplanes? Are they doing this because now we have a TA and they want to transfer them before the contract passes? I know I know 20 questions!

I havent seen anything in writing about the transfer of 4 planes.

Did I miss a memo, or you guys taking the word of the other post as fact?

Medeco

The cp sec. has the discount cards. You can buy 1 for a dollar...but it only has a couple of months left on it.

so are you about the current one?

So you'll accept anything because it's new and endorsed by the MEC?

From what I have seen, the MEC way overreached in trying to "capture" all the "new" concepts.

They got schooled because the company allowed the new concepts but cleaned up any vague language in those and others in their favor.

This TA gives the company so much more flexibility in exercising their incompetence than before.

This TA is in no way worth five years of negotiating. Not in any way. Can I have my dues back now?

Oakum what did you want? Just wondering? Jetblue pays 80-85 an hour for E190, same does USAIR, and soon NW, and Delta 90 seat rate not even at around 100k?

So you'll accept anything because it's new and endorsed by the MEC?

From what I have seen, the MEC way overreached in trying to "capture" all the "new" concepts.

They got schooled because the company allowed the new concepts but cleaned up any vague language in those and others in their favor.

This TA gives the company so much more flexibility in exercising their incompetence than before.

This TA is in no way worth five years of negotiating. Not in any way. Can I have my dues back now?

Kinda ironic.... now I will have to defend the MEC.... This agreement is far from perfect, and the scope isn't worth a darn..... however it is the best we can do given the competitive environment we are in.....

Some of you had expectations that were too high..... Time to move on and focus on why we have lost leverage..... and do something to regain the leverage we lost....

No Way!

You are correct. If we vote this TA in we have only ourselfs to blame. There is a major pilot shortage and the pilot group has the upper hand. For those of you staying at ASA......Do not vote this contract in!

You are correct. If we vote this TA in we have only ourselfs to blame. There is a major pilot shortage and the pilot group has the upper hand. For those of you staying at ASA......Do not vote this contract in!

Specifically, which parts are you not happy with? Can you provide industry comparisons to the sections you aren't happy with? Specifics please.....

Last edited:
With Respect

Joe...you have had many common sense post so with respect I say:

1. The 700 rates. Look at Horizon and the old CMR rates. very reasonable and allows the company to still make a profit.

2. The 200 rates are for a dying airplane. (Sorry for you, but the ATR too. Maybe a turbo prop if oil stays high, but who flies it I don't know.)

3. Five hours after the footprint on IROP and two hour after on a "normal day". That is no good. What is great about Section 13...sorry buger.

Joe there are many more, but I just got home from a 3 day and have to go back on Sunday so I am very tired. Fly safe out there ASA guys and gals.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back