• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

samballs

Something up at Comair

Just cancelled the vacancy bid,

2007-05 Pilot Vacancy AwardThe award of Vacancy Bid 2007-05 will be delayed until further notice. We will follow up with more information later next week.

was just posted on EPIC

Last edited:
Maybe they need to make it a larger bid for higher than expected attrition. Yeah, right! I'm sure we'll get screwed one way or the other...

Just cancelled the vacancy bid,

2007-05 Pilot Vacancy AwardThe award of Vacancy Bid 2007-05 will be delayed until further notice. We will follow up with more information later next week.

was just posted on EPIC

In the AJC article, Delta announced that they would be retiring 35 Regional Jets after the first of the year along with some mainline airplanes.

Is anyone familiar with the Delta Scope? I know that for every increase in one mainline plane, the scope allows for an increase of 3 Regional Jets. Does the scope work in reverse in the inverse of this condition? For every mainline plane retired, are 3 regional jets required to be eliminated?

Yet another morale booster for the employee group.

Kind of like charging employees $20 for tickets to the company holiday party.

I'm sure it can't have anything to do with no one showing up for new hire classes.

Last Monday was supposed to have 14. 3 showed up.

Maybe low pay plus poor QOL is having an effect on recruiting.

It's because they are busy with all the new hires they cant get to upgrades. I mean like 6 new hires a month they must be swamped over there.

In the AJC article, Delta announced that they would be retiring 35 Regional Jets after the first of the year along with some mainline airplanes.

Is anyone familiar with the Delta Scope? I know that for every increase in one mainline plane, the scope allows for an increase of 3 Regional Jets. Does the scope work in reverse in the inverse of this condition? For every mainline plane retired, are 3 regional jets required to be eliminated?

I'm betting this has something to do with it. Why not take planes from the regional you own so as to not piss off one of your contracted regional affiliates. Besides, Comair does have some of the oldest RJs around.

I believe the reduction of the 35 regional jets has much to do with CHQ and their 135's going, plus some of OH's bankrupcy lease return planes.

As for the vacancy bid, it never said cancellation...just delayed. It's my theory that with all the folks leaving and that have left this has severly effected the bid awards and it needs to be rerun. Just a guess, hoping that's the reason why and that it doesn't end up being cancelled!

It's because they are busy with all the new hires they cant get to upgrades. I mean like 6 new hires a month they must be swamped over there.

For those guys over there 6 a month is busy they have to stop showing pictures and eating donuts, so they can go hurry us thru the sim.

Anyways when Comair has bad news they tell us right away, kind of Daves way of saying see your too high cost, when its good news or nothing special they act like this.

Latest resources

Back