Something I've never seen before...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ackattacker said:
OH GAWD THE HUMANITY OH NO IT'S A GIANT FLEXIBLE PLASTIC SIGN IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US ITS FALLING LIKE A BIG LEAF IT'LL HIT US IN A FEW MINUTES I KNOW IT

Oh wait no big deal.
Ummm...the huge lead pipe on the leading edge of the billboard is a little bit of a "big deal if it falls on your head.

CE

ackattacker said:
OH GAWD THE HUMANITY OH NO IT'S A GIANT FLEXIBLE PLASTIC SIGN IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US ITS FALLING LIKE A BIG LEAF IT'LL HIT US IN A FEW MINUTES I KNOW IT

Oh wait no big deal.

laugh...

I've seen more than one banner fall. The lead poles are freakin heavy.
Probably wouldn't kill you, but might hurt you...if you run REALLY
slow.

The banner industry has so many interesting stories...

CE

Oh, so it's not exactly what I had thought. I imagined a bilboard just like one of those big ones you see along the highway.

OK, we don't get too many banner towing operations here in Oregon.

seethru said:
OK, we don't get too many banner towing operations here in Oregon.

yet another reason to like Oregon.

CE

I had a 7 ft letter sign rope break right as I was decending back down on the beach out of about 700ft or so, that thing can really move, and all thought was that lead pole was going to hit someone, thank God it didnt.

It landed right in the surf and all the bystanders had it up and stretched out in 30 seconds.

Yeah that lead pole can DEFINITELY hurt something. That's my biggest nightmare (other than losing an engine over a busy downtown while towing). The problem with helicopters towing banners is that when you go too slow the bottom part of the banner folds under and you can't read it. Yes you can tow bigger banners, but most banners tow ideally around 50 mph (for best readability), so might as well use a cheaper fixed wing.

Latest resources

Back