• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Something I have not seen posted.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing! Other than 1.52 percent of my pay. It doesn't even cost the company anything either except they can no longer unilaterally change working conditions at a whim. That is the real reason for their decert push. TOTAL CONTROL!

Yes, this is about power and control. Management don't want us to have any power and control over our careers. Did you attend the unity rally last night? Because there were a lot of APA, SWAPA and ALPA pilots supporting all of us Teamster pilots in our effort to retain some power and control over our careers! Vote IBT Airline Division!

Yes EnFugo, I was there and good to see all the support. I'd like to see some anti union opinions on this.

Last edited:
There is no advantage whatsoever to the pilots to not have a Union, the advantage would totally go to the company in longer duty tours and fewer days off to crew A/C in a pilot shortage market, Companies ability to cut benefits and pay ad-hoc, I’m not saying that they would do this, however let’s be real. When push comes to shove in a down economy that is exactly where they will and have made there cuts in the past.

I support the NJASAP 100%, and the union PROS far outweigh the CONS

I wouldn’t say that this is a benefit of not having a union, but one thing that most of us (or maybe all of us) complain about is that the union has the obligation to defend the trouble makers. Just flew with a guy who said he usually fatigues twice a week, whether he works hard or not, and he won’t start work earlier than 8am two days in a row....

Taking advantage of the system won't be supported by the union, they would call the pilot out for stepping out of line? In the days after Bombardier if you called in fatigued, RH would look back on your schedule and tell you that you had not done enough to be fatigued, you should not have called in fatigued so it was difficult for anyone to make the fatigue call and they would fly tired. There could be a number of issues that cause tiredness like a noisy hotel, accidental fire alarm etc but a regular pattern of fatigue calls won't be supported and is just abusing the system.

Ok I posted this at 22:28 on May 9 and the anti union guys can't come with a good reason not to have a union. So we must have a union. VOTE IBT1108.
It is 21:10 on 10 May and no constructive reason not to have a union.

It may seem like it benefits the truly selfish in the short term, but once the Union goes away, they lose all the bribes they collected to buy their votes. Remember what red label is really supposed to be: three pilots staffing each airplane. Run it like a corporate flight department and fly it like a fractional. So those guys will have 4-6 days off a month. And don't forget what Kenn says in the first Roundtable video (at the 1:30 mark) about the airplanes needing to be available for 16 hours a day. Forget the 14 hour scheduled duty limit. Add 100% rolling rest and suddenly it's not much of a life for the truly selfish at that point.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back