Something Big at DELTA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can put the ER rumor to rest.....

It's not happening, just like some clowns on here got everybodies hopes up that newhires were going to the 777 last time we hired.

I wouldn't say it's not possible, ER went all the way to the bottom of he list on the last AE. In fact j think a couple slots went unfilled. It's very possible that it go to a few newhires. We'll see

I do not want to get to far ahead of ourselves, but there are things that are not known yet.

If we do not double dip, DAL will be hiring many pilots and for many years to come.

SKW, FWIW, the jets in the desert if flown to max capacity will equate to a min of 800 bodies, add the max utilization of the international fleet and you can hire a lot without one more jet.

Also for most of the Republic pilots, it makes no sense for them to fly past age 62. DAL knows this and could possibly see a lot of retirements this next year. Not having the bodies in the right places could mean canceling flights.
I agree, however I wouldn't just say the republic guys. Any NWA guy with a frozen pension could go at just about anypoint whether it be a red or green book guy. Alot of those guys were military also so a large chunk of them have both a frozen pension and a military retirement. I wouldn't want to be hr right now because its going to be very tuff to gauge the hiring needs. Hense the rumor of wanting a large hiring pool to draw from.

To put things in perspective, the "ER" of today does not mean the "ER" of five years ago -- when it was the best flying in the system. If you're senior in the ER, then not much as changed. You're still flying the 767 to choice spots in Europe, SA and ME. If you're junior in the ER, you're basically a domestic 757 pilot flying 4 legs a day with 40-minute concourse changes in ATL, or if you're lucky, transcons.

It still beats flying a jet that does not cool down. It may not be what it was, but the 767ER flying is still better than some fleets.

It still beats flying a jet that does not cool down. It may not be what it was, but the 767ER flying is still better than some fleets.

The md cools down- it just has to be operated by people who care enough to make it happen. The pax's comfort has to be thought of continuously. If service and customer comfort were closely behind safety, there wouldn't be this conversation. It only takes a few...

Last edited:
The md cools down- it just has to be operated by people who care enough to make it happen. The pax's comfort has to be thought of continuously. If service and customer comfort were closely behind safety, there wouldn't be this conversation. It only takes a few...

Just what I was thinking. A good crew can keep it cool, fly it smoothly, do a flap 28 landing without going off the end of the runway, and taxi it without brake chatter.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's not possible, ER went all the way to the bottom of he list on the last AE. In fact j think a couple slots went unfilled. It's very possible that it go to a few newhires. We'll see
I know a few 2007 hires that had a bid for the NYC 7ER and didn't get it.

NYC will go more senior, but there will come a time when they will be able to get hold it again. That said, I know 2007 hires that bid and got it, but they may be below the rsv/lineholder threshold.

I know a few 2007 hires that had a bid for the NYC 7ER and didn't get it.

Yeah but they could have held MSP 7ER which was my point. The 7ER went to the bottom of the list on the latest AE, and spots unfilled. I would have had more people below me on the 7ER in MSP than i do on the 320 which was surprising.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back