Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
FYI that MESA is undergoing huge buying of its stock by unknown players. This has been happening since mid-February 2009. Today witnessed 5 times its normal trading volume.

I wonder what is up....

Delta Air Lines has been quietly buying up a controlling share in Mesa Air Group at a bargain price.

It was discovered this was less expensive than legal fees to cancel their contract.

Also cheaper than the equivalent amount of toilet paper....

MESA Sucks!

Ha ....got one in there. Although 34 minutes is probably far from the record.

Last edited:
Delta Air Lines has been quietly buying up a controlling share in Mesa Air Group at a bargain price.

It was discovered this was less expensive than legal fees to cancel their contract.
I can't believe that Delta/US Airways/United/Skywest/Expressjet or anyone with $5 million and something to gain from their demise hasn't done this yet.

5 days to go for what??
I think he was referring to a ruling in the Mesa -vs- Delta court case. I'm not sure that the end of April was a firm deadline. I think these courts kind of operate on their own timeline. I think the end of April was a target date. Not really sure. I can't imagine why it is taking so long.

I assume the airlines, especially Delta, have contingency plans in place. Still the logistics of replacing the Mesa flying seems staggering. Especially as we get closer to summer. I think if it goes in Delta's favor, the training departments at Comair and ASA will go into turbo mode.

I believe Comair has about 300 on furlough and ASA had about 80. Please correct me if I'm wrong (likely). Anyone know haw many Mesa pilots are on the Delta side?

It could even force Mesa into bankruptcy which could mean an out for USAir and United.

Last edited:
It could even force Mesa into bankruptcy which could mean an out for USAir and United.
The America West contract with Mesa is one of Mesa's most profitable since AW never went bankrupt and renegotiated their contract like most other majors did.

If Mesa files, the BK judge will most likely keep the US flying intact.

What was meant is that these contracts usually have an escape clause wherein if the contracted carrier (MESA) files for bankruptcy, the contracting carrier (U.S. Airways) then has the option of terminating the contract without penalty. Mesa's bankruptcy judge would have no say in the matter.

Latest resources

Back