• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Somebody just ordered a lot of Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been told that any Globals or Gulfstreams that we may get will be used aircraft. Based on that intel, unless something has changed in the past month, this order would not be for Flexjet. Maybe DAC in some capacity, though.

Ya gotta place an order to get a spot in the production line if you ever want new ones. The used aircraft are needed to start the program and stand in until new ones come from the factory.

Quite the contrary. But when he sits on the panel at CNBC and says that NetJets picked the Globals because "that's what the customers asked for" he isn't being truthful. The Bombardier purchase was a FINANCIAL choice, not a customer service choice.

True dat...I heard enough owners wish out loud that we'd have gotten 650s or even kept the Gs we have.

I have been told that any Globals or Gulfstreams that we may get will be used aircraft. Based on that intel, unless something has changed in the past month, this order would not be for Flexjet. Maybe DAC in some capacity, though.

This reminds me of the best quote of 2013 on the fractional board: the space shuttle has been previously enjoyed, so it belongs to FLOPS! Foolishly, I didn't mark the guy who said that. I owe him a the beverage of his choice for that one!

More Globals? Fantastic airplane (especially the 6000), but soon you will see them at Netjets, VistaJet/Jet Aviation and now maybe Flexjet/FLOPS/New Entity. All very luxurious. How will one operator differentiate from the others when you offer similar products/services? Pricing.

Too bad Gulfstream didn't play ball with more 550s or 650s for easier differentiation (since Netjets 550s will eventually leave). Would have been interesting to see Falcon 5X or even interim used Falcon 900LX aircraft ordered.

Last edited:
True dat...I heard enough owners wish out loud that we'd have gotten 650s or even kept the Gs we have.

Which is one reason why the Gulfstream 450/550 retirement date has now been pushed to 2022. At least...:beer:

What the HECK are us Guffstream guys gonna fly when they go away? We would be useless elsewhere...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back