Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some thoughts on military verses civilian (with some civility)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem that I see is that their will always be pricks and weak pilots in the cockpit as long as we have crew flight decks. The trick is to watch over the weak and avoid the pricks!

The only way to achieve your utopia Albie, is to make this website un-anonymous (if that's even a word). Fact of life. You should really care less about this place. So much more on this planet is worth caring about. Here we have a place to share, scream, praise, bitch and question. I disagree with you Occam. Flightinfo IS a ready room.

Flightinfo is the bathroom wall of the ready room.

Ha! You're wrong! Name one Ready Room that would feature _____.

Okay, maybe you got me there.

An observation, Albie: the Air Force bubbas just don't have the kind of liveliness you have in a Navy ready room. They spend too much time straightening each other's cravat and/or beret and massaging essential oils into their partner's crud bruises. Maybe that's why you are so frustrated by Flightinfo. It just isn't meeting you needs.

:p

Good luck with that.

Just curious, where do you fall in 1-3? This subject is pretty humorous, especially with the replies about how OTHER pilots are often goobers in the cockpit, both socially and skill wise. It's a scene out of "Revenge of the Nerds" - Gilbert: "Lewis, you're such a nerd."

Sorry, I've been away from the computer sipping mai tais by the beach.....

I would say I'm at least a 1. Of course, I don't know which one:)

Okay, maybe you got me there.

An observation, Albie: the Air Force bubbas just don't have the kind of liveliness you have in a Navy ready room. They spend too much time straightening each other's cravat and/or beret and massaging essential oils into their partner's crud bruises. Maybe that's why you are so frustrated by Flightinfo. It just isn't meeting you needs.

:p

Good luck with that.

If that got you going out on cruises with a smile, or flying with a an airplane slapped together with pieces and parts in peacetime, or watching your external airspreed indicator sweep back and forwards moments before getting gunned by (fill in the blank....F-15, F-16, F-18, A-4, Tornado F-3, Mirage, AV-8, T-45, T-38)...then keeping poking fun. Whatever helps you sleep at night! ;)

I forgot that never in the history of the F-14D did a pilot ever win an engagement or put a bomb on target. What was I thinking?

Haaaaaaaa.

Now we've got a great hit board. Every ready room needs one.

Latest resources

Back