Some passengers fail to realize they are not flying mainline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Moderator hat on:

I realize some of you may not like the General, but that does NOT give you the right to go on personal attacks calling his wife names and using profanity to do it.

That member has been given a short 7-day suspension as a warning. This message is to warn the rest of you that you can argue amongst yourselves all you want, but you cannot violate the ToS.

Further violations will result in longer vacations.

/mod

His suspension was prolly more like 7 seconds once he logged off and logged back in under a different screen name.

Who cares? He's a short, dweeby, star wars geek who plays on the internet too much. Dunno why so many of you get your panties in an uproar with that chode.

But you have to admit GL is entertaining. You guys also think he is attacking you personally. I don't see that, I think he is just upset at the loss of routes to RJs that maybe shouldn't be flown by RJs. I fly a lot of routes out of IAH that are always oversold and used to be flown by CAL 737s. And I don't think he has ever said we weren't good enough to fly for mainline, he just doesn't like the amount of RJs out there. If RJs are parked, that might mean more mainline jobs for the rest of us, and I want out of my regional ASAP. Don't you guys?

Back on topic, my heartburn isn't with the cockpit. When my bag doesn't arrive, I want to know who to talk to. Twice I've been told it is not our problem, talk to our codeshare. The codeshare tells me the ground handling was mainline, talk to them. One entity needs to have legal responsibility. All the cross utilization is what confuses and angers me, because nobody takes ownership. Half the time I don't know who is flying the leg because I don't care enough to look, but I want to know that one entity is legally responsible if I have a problem with my trip.

You're 767 is no different than an RJ ride for the passengers, at least on an rj your not stuck as long.

Unless of course you want to try to open your laptop on the tray table, recline your seat, and enjoy running into the overhead baggage compartment that you wish your carry on would fit in...

Hi!
Capt Oveur:
The ineptness of a passenger or lack of the ability to read should not be misconstrued as deception on behalf of the airline brand. In every possible medium a customer can purchase a ticket, it is clearly communicated the name of the carrier operating the flight. I see the same reaction occur when passengers freak out that it's Air France A380 flying JFK-CDG with a Delta flight number as a passenger sees a CRJ flying ATL-BNA with a Delta flight number.

I just filled out two UAL surverys about my last flight, and neither one stated "SkyWest" or "ASA" EVER. I did not fly on UAL, just these two airlines.

In fact the surveys asked me NUMEROUS times about my travel on "United" or "United Air Lines". They even asked me, at least once, about my travel on the AIRLINE "United Express". I was shocked to realize, that with my extensive knowledge of the industry, that I had failed to realize that "United Express" was a -121 carrier. If I had known, I would have applied to fly for them in the past....too bad for me I missed out on that potential airline job!

sayrejm: We are NOT tired of your avatar. Keep posting, even if they are one word, meaningless posts...we aren't paying attention to whay you wrote, anyway!

Originally Posted by CX880
You're 767 is no different than an RJ ride for the passengers, at least on an rj your not stuck as long.
Wherever this post came from, I assume it is inflammatory. A 767 is TONS better than an RJ.

I WILL note, that the newest RJs: -175thru-195, and the CRJ-900/1000, ARE a lot better than the 50 seaters inside the cabin.

cliff
LGG

Latest resources

Back