• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some of the names they come up with...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I always liked the VOR in Bangor, Maine. Nothing better than getting a clearance to "Bangor when able."

Lest we forget the ever-popular FROZN intersection just south of Anchorage, part of the FROZN-3 arrival.

There is also NAYLD. Haven't found it on a chart yet, but the ANC Canter controller was clearing aircraft to it... He had to spell it each time...

there is a sexxy intersection i believe just west of ORD....just think..."center, this is N12345 sexxy inbound"

more names

MINNY and GOOFY are over Orlando. SURFN and HEATT in Miami.
BARBQ and RIBBS are in Kansas City. LOBSTA, BOSOX, REVER are in Boston.

dew pylot said:
there is a sexxy intersection i believe just west of ORD....just think..."center, this is N12345 sexxy inbound"

"SEXXY" is the IAF to the ILS 14R at ORD. It used to be followed by "ROAMY". I heard a story once about a female captain named Roamy who used to get a big kick out of telling tower "We're inside Roamy".

There is also a "BULLZ" fix to the NW on the JVL arrival and a "CUBBZ" fix SE on the Boiler Arrival into ORD.

Going into Louisville (SDF) there is PARCEL and some other UPS type fixes out there

Twotter,

I've never heard of FROZN or the FROZN3 arrival, I don't see anything like that in my jepps, where is it?

Out in the Bristol Bay area there's HERRY, and close by is CRACK.

Latest resources

Back