• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some NetJets Pilots getting unsolicited job info from Flex/FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Squawk there was no ad hominem attack but rather a reductio ad absurdum. I was simply pointing out your arguments were absurd in the light of reality. If you take it personally I deducted it was because you seemed to be arguing your standards of perfection and self worth are the root of the issue it's not my problem.

It seems you recognize this fact because you've tried to walk back your absurdity in your last couple posts.

Your debate style tends to mirror management and the last few videos we've had thrown at us to decert. It's trying to illicit feelings of pride and arrogance in an attempt to make believers feel like they are one of the few, one of the best. The problem is its all emotional and not rooted in reality. Like the guy in Houston whose dad was a corporate pilot and framed 100% of his knowledge base on it. It's completely irrelevant to the way the fractional model works. Additionally the guy is a high stakes corporate headhunter so his personal professional experience is also not relevant to our situation.

The only emotional reality I'm willing to buy into is the fact dead is dead and low time pilots, regardless of the implied "strength" of a PIC, is a risk I don't feel like being forced into simply because some management team who doesn't have to be in the cockpit decides it works. Additionally, I can only control myself and my cockpit but my career (and yours) at this company would still be destroyed none the less if we had a billionaire (I'll give it to you) die simply because we are being managed into a place of mediocrity at best. If our current hiring standards aren't screaming this fact of a downward trend I don't know what does.

Squawk there was no ad hominem attack but rather a reductio ad absurdum. I was simply pointing out your arguments were absurd in the light of reality. If you take it personally I deducted it was because you seemed to be arguing your standards of perfection and self worth are the root of the issue it's not my problem.

It seems you recognize this fact because you've tried to walk back your absurdity in your last couple posts.

Your debate style tends to mirror management and the last few videos we've had thrown at us to decert. It's trying to illicit feelings of pride and arrogance in an attempt to make believers feel like they are one of the few, one of the best. The problem is its all emotional and not rooted in reality. Like the guy in Houston whose dad was a corporate pilot and framed 100% of his knowledge base on it. It's completely irrelevant to the way the fractional model works. Additionally the guy is a high stakes corporate headhunter so his personal professional experience is also not relevant to our situation.

The only emotional reality I'm willing to buy into is the fact dead is dead and low time pilots, regardless of the implied "strength" of a PIC, is a risk I don't feel like being forced into simply because some management team who doesn't have to be in the cockpit decides it works. Additionally, I can only control myself and my cockpit but my career (and yours) at this company would still be destroyed none the less if we had a billionaire (I'll give it to you) die simply because we are being managed into a place of mediocrity at best. If our current hiring standards aren't screaming this fact of a downward trend I don't know what does.

You are required to report to the nearest drug testing facility.

Squawk and lumpy are clearly hired hands. I doubt they are even pilots. I won't even attempt Latin. Douchebags.

Ductionem

From a different (SI) website but still relevant:
The two most common are fear of the unknown and fear of not knowing. While these two items may seem similar, they are vastly different. Fear of the unknown is simple—it is not knowing what to expect. Not knowing what to expect puts people in a defensive posture at times, standoffish and not open to change. The best piece of advice I can share is you are not alone. Everyone has been there and what I love about this community is how eager folks are to help. The fear of not knowing is more challenging. This is being afraid to look the fool, to not know what you are doing. Again, you are human and this is normal. My best piece of advice is to keep your eye on the prize. If you are doing this for a reason, stay focused on that reason. Everyone has to start somewhere; remember that.

Latest resources

Back