Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Seadogrun

Hello All.

I'm thinking about crossing over from the Corporate secator and with the up and comming Open House I am interested in JetBlue mostly because of the Ft. Lauderdale base. So here goes:

How long would it take to get in to the Ft. Lauderdale base? If offered the E190 how long is the seatlock before being able to switch to the Bus and get a Ft. Lauderdale base?

How difficult is commuting? I will need to live in Ft. Lauderdale.

What is realistic yearly payscale for each airplane?

What are other QOL issues that I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Dog

Last edited:
the seat is for 2 years than you can bid to the bus
pay rate first year is 47 per hours for 70 hours and over that is at time and a half.. fll base fo dont know it can happen soon or have to wait ... good luck whit the open house...

You will have a 2 year equipment lock on the 190, then you can bid for the 320. If you get the 320 right away you will be in JFK for at least 6 months. It has been about 4 - 6 months to hold FLL. If you need to commute to JFK from FLL it's very easy. A ton of JetBlue flights and the 320 has multiple jumpseats. Pay is as mentioned and you won't be breaking guarantee on reserve. You should hold a line in JFK in about 6 months. Reserve in FLL will be at least a year. QQL on reserve always sucks when you commute. If you live in base its real easy. Rumors of an MCO base sometime in 08. Theres a push for an in house union now.

Last edited:
It's possible. You can sit reserve on days off when the company needs you. However, I wouldn't bank on it. I would plan on $3760/mo. before taxes plus a little per diem for your whole first year.

seadogrun....when is the open house? By the way I recommend going to the open house any way and you WILL have a better idea with lots of great info at the MCO facility. Thanks. Good luck.

Thanks for all the good info so far,

The letters of rec that you bring to the interview.....it says originals, so I assume signed?

seadogrun....when is the open house? By the way I recommend going to the open house any way and you WILL have a better idea with lots of great info at the MCO facility. Thanks. Good luck.

2/2/08

GP

Thanks for all the info so far.

What should a candidate bring to the Open House? Do they conduct interviews at that time or is it more of a meet and greet?

Latest resources

Back