• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some JetBlue Questions.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will take a chance at that unreliable information and head to the open house on the 2nd :)

Thanks again for the info.

If offered the 190 I understand that I will be living out of base for 2 years. What would a normal month look like as far as nights away from home be? After two years and moving to the Airbus do you get 3rd year Airbus pay?

Thanks for any replies.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the info.

If offered the 190 I understand that I will be living out of base for 2 years. What would a normal month look like as far as nights away from home be? After two years and moving to the Airbus do you get 3rd year Airbus pay?

Thanks for any replies.

Yes on the thrid year Airbus pay.

Normal month??? As a reserve pilot you will get 12 days off per month. Usually these days are in blocks of 3-6 days at a time. While the company will try to get you a late show time on your first day (so as to be able to commute in on day 1 of reserve) this is not always the case. I know of guys who will get short call reserve (2hrs) with a 3am start time on day one of reserve. However, I also know guys who will get long call (12 or 14 hours...I can't remember) for their first two days of the reserve block. This allows for SOME folks, depending on where they live, to sit at home on reserve.

As a line holder it is very simple to trip trade with open time. As your seniority increases you can expect better trips. As a junior line holder, you can expect low paying trips on weekends and holidays. Most trips are commutable on at least one end to most parts of the country. Many trips are commutable on both ends, especially the multi-day trips that end with a red-eye (A320 only). As a junior line holder you are guaranteed 12 days off. I think most will get 12-14 days off/month.

Hope this helps.

GP

My first line is February in JFK; I'm almost the junior line-holder and received 14days off with 82 credit hours. Shockingly enough almost entirely commutable on both ends.

August 15 Class

Yes, I'm on the 190 though. You in the August 1 Bus class?

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm excited to see somewhere other than the couch in my crashpad and the Holiday Inn Select in IAD.

Last edited:
What does the upgrade time look like for someone hired right now? How much is B6 looking to grow, or do the upgrades come mostly from retirements and attrition?

Good Question

Right now it is unpredictable as to upgrade times due to selling aircraft ( Net gain annually but slower growth ), pay scales 190 vs 320 and how it will play out. A guess and only a guess is about 3-4 years on the 190 and 7-8 years on the Bus. That all can change quickly-who knows. Attrition is another factor that comes into play, but it is usually Jr folks leaving.

Good luck

I should also note that these upgrade esitimates are for reserve and not a line holder.

Latest resources

Back