• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some good news for the Spirit folks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope you guys didn't let Bernie Madoff invest your money. You need to be more critical of everything you read and hear (regardless of the source).

Those BTS numbers are wrong

CASM, RASM makes my head SPASM. How much money does spirit have. Do the have the ability to fight a long term battle with JB ?

Spirit Airlines is privately held and so is the investment company (Indigo Partners).

Indigo Partners runs several airlines around the world, so they have money to fight battles they think they can win.

Spirit Airlines is privately held and so is the investment company (Indigo Partners).

Indigo Partners runs several airlines around the world, so they have money to fight battles they think they can win.

I would not waist my time with those kids...

The future would tell us who was right. Like I said before it's going to be interesting to watch and see if Indigo has some backbones, if BBB is much of a statege, or if Jetblue can stay profitable and run a descent ops in FLL.
In the meantime it sounds like my airline is better than yours kind of argument, or Like my wife love to said,

I am blue ya be dee ya be da ya be dee ya be doo...

I would not waist my time with those kids...

The future would tell us who was right. Like I said before it's going to be interesting to watch and see if Indigo has some backbones, if BBB is much of a statege, or if Jetblue can stay profitable and run a descent ops in FLL.
In the meantime it sounds like my airline is better than yours kind of argument, or Like my wife love to said,

I am blue ya be dee ya be da ya be dee ya be doo...

Pleased to thanking you four youre postings.

If indigo was so committed or strong, why did spirit turn in those airplanes (downsizing) ?

Indigo, who owns the leases, sent the airplanes to Tiger Airways. Which is evidently making more money that SPA.

If indigo was so committed or strong, why did spirit turn in those airplanes (downsizing) ?

Our CP (the previous one) hinted in recurrent a few months back that there was some kinda plan to dump 319's and opt for 320's since they'd suit our purposes better. BBB I believe was quoted as saying the 319's were a mistake. I understand the deal we got was just to good to pass on them. If the new 320 rumor is true, it would seem to reinforce the old cp's comments.

Its the 9th, no new news from JetBlue, guess Pilotbob3 had some bad info.

The date was bad, but Pilotbob3's news is correct from what we've been told. I don't know when they will officially announce it, but we've all been told that the deal is done with the airport authority and the renovation is preparing to start.

BTW - I had Chew in the jumpseat going into FLL not too long ago and he said he was there to finalize the deal.

Latest resources

Back