• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Fool at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that's 35buck that I can put to better use than paying someone else to find ways to make my life worse.

Let's see.. I've been here for about a year and a half, and in that time, first-year pay has gone up 46%, 95 new crew bases have opened up (saving me over $1500 each year just in gas), crew food has gotten much better, and so on...

Yeah, man... you're right. What a rip-off. :rolleyes:

Let's see.. I've been here for about a year and a half, and in that time, first-year pay has gone up 46%, 95 new crew bases have opened up (saving me over $1500 each year just in gas), crew food has gotten much better, and so on...

well lets see, the 1,500 in gas you wouldn't have to spend had you lived where you were suppose to when you took the job. But you are probably one of those that took the job, didn't live where you were based and knew this when you accepted the position, and then bitched about it once you were on property. Crew food, so what, that's not a given in any other job. That's what your per diem is suppose to be for. But use it how you so see fit. The next time you see your IBT 1108 Lawyers ask them if they get "lawyer food" or if they have to buy their own lunch. That's right they buy their own lunch with your $35 a month and everyone elses.
Pay, you knew of the pay scale when you took the job, if it wasn't a problem then, then why did you start complaining after you took the job. Want to make more money, go be one of those IBT lawyers, or a doctor.

besides if your a/c types are correct you are just a stones throw away from SWA right? Or did they turn you down so now you are bitter?

wow you are so closed minded and misinformed...

i dont know of many FBO's with a Mcdonalds next door, and I cant carry 7 days of lunches with me.

and as far as bases go, have you ever heard of life changing? maybe some guy's mom died and he wants to move back somewhere to be close to his dad. Priorities change over the years man, would be nice to have that option to relocate.

well lets see, the 1,500 in gas you wouldn't have to spend had you lived where you were suppose to when you took the job.

:laugh:

You really think it's a company's place to tell me where I'm "supposed to live"?

Wow. Just... wow.

But you are probably one of those that took the job, didn't live where you were based and knew this when you accepted the position, and then bitched about it once you were on property.
Nope; never bitched once about it. I'm glad we were able to work to improve it, because it directly affects my quality of life and gives me the opportunity to live all over the country, instead of just a few high-cost areas.

Crew food, so what, that's not a given in any other job. That's what your per diem is suppose to be for.
That's a great idea. Could you show me to the FBO's restaurant? :rolleyes: How exactly do you propose I eat while I'm at work?

If you're content to eat pizza delivery or garbage out of vending machines until you're done for the day, more power to you. I'd rather have nutritious food when I'm at work.

Pay, you knew of the pay scale when you took the job, if it wasn't a problem then, then why did you start complaining after you took the job.
Again, you make assumptions with no basis in fact. Never once have I complained about our salaries. That doesn't mean we shouldn't work to make them better, and that's exactly what happened.

Want to make more money, go be one of those IBT lawyers, or a doctor.
Or be a pilot who negotiates with his management for better pay and benefits, versus one who takes whatever handout is offered.

...so now you are bitter?
:laugh: Bitter? Nope. As happy as I've ever been with a job and with a company.

I was not at Flex when they laid folks off. I can not imagine them just randomly laying folks off out of seniority order. There must of been other circumstances.

Perhaps flying skill and customer service attitudes were considered? In my experience, unions provide job security for the mediocre employees.

well lets see, the 1,500 in gas you wouldn't have to spend had you lived where you were suppose to when you took the job. But you are probably one of those that took the job, didn't live where you were based and knew this when you accepted the position, and then bitched about it once you were on property. Crew food, so what, that's not a given in any other job. That's what your per diem is suppose to be for. But use it how you so see fit. The next time you see your IBT 1108 Lawyers ask them if they get "lawyer food" or if they have to buy their own lunch. That's right they buy their own lunch with your $35 a month and everyone elses.
Pay, you knew of the pay scale when you took the job, if it wasn't a problem then, then why did you start complaining after you took the job. Want to make more money, go be one of those IBT lawyers, or a doctor.

Couldn't help but laugh when I read your post. CA1900 is one of the most laid-back, content people I know. For you to make the assumptions you made is just laughable.

Life is all about choices. If you choose to work somewhere without representation, then more power to you.

Me and about 2800 other NJA pilots choose not to. My monetary investment in my union continuously improves my quality of life. It's money I am only too happy to spend. If that money also provides a good quality of life for those who represent me, then that's great. I know my hard work helps provide a good life for the leaders in charge of my company.

I hope you find what you are looking for. I know I did.

Hey Mr. Haulingthemail, if anyone sounds bitter it is you. This response from you almost defies belief. How someone can be so out of touch with reality is simply amazing, but then all one has to do is a search of your posting history to understand why you are the way you are.

You are simply a disgruntled ex ATI pilot who feels he has found the brass ring by landing a cushy CL300 position a Flexjet. The union that represented you at ATI somehow screwed you and now all unions are bad. Your close mindedness and overall attitude towards anyone who truly wants things to change for the better at Flexjet is the exact reason why they never will change. Flexjet will never really be any better than it is right now because of people like you. Is Flexjet even in your long term career plans? I doubt it, you seem to be someone who feels the need to fly airplanes as big as your ego and Flexjet does'nt have any A380's on order.

Enjoy your new proposed pay raise (union derived), keep on drinking that good ol Flexjet Koolaid and stop trying to paint everyone with your one color all unions are bad dried out paint brush.

Perhaps flying skill and customer service attitudes were considered? In my experience, unions provide job security for the mediocre employees.

Your lack of union provided you with a substandard deal. Sure, you got a raise (thanks to the high bar set by Netjets) and some improvement in schedules. Your domicile policy is now the worst in the fractional industry. Even FLOPS has a better policy. Congrats on that.

Flex has a long way to go before it becomes the number one choice among applicants. I wouldn't feel so proud of yourself just yet.

Latest resources

Back