• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

some details

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They need to sabotage this deal anyway they can...........even if it BK's Delta again.
wow... guess that's easy to write from where you sit. But if Daddy Delta drags NWA into bankruptcy the RJ contracts will get busted up faster than a golf cart driven by Steve O.

Last edited:
Of course we wouldn't want to fix any of ALPA's scope problems. Everything is just great the way it is.

Request For Proposals are just what ALPA wanted so costs can be deferred to the backs of the pilots at contract carriers and not have to be absorbed by the mainline contracts. It doesn't matter if those pilots are ALPA members or not.
It does not even matter if those pilots are on the mainline's list, or not.

After which you could have negotiated a REAL contract...

This is a Letter of Agreement, not a joint contract. We still retain the right to negotiate a joint contract if there is a merger.

I'm disappointed in the 17%, it will make it much tougher for the UAL/CAL guys when we are negotiating our deal in a week or two...

Not any tougher than if that 17% didn't exist. Would it have made it easier if we got nothing? Of course not.

I'm most surprised that it didn't contain an immediate pay increase...you had your company coming to you for a deal, and you couldn't even match AMR's current rates :(

You don't pay a realtor commission unless the house closes do you? This LOA is predicated on corporate closure of the merger. The company isn't going to pay extra if they don't close on the transaction.

Maybe we'll surpass AMR's rates if the company is profitable and we get a joint contract. This is just an LOA, a mid contract improvement.

It's just a temporary LOA until we get a joint contract. I bet we have a new joint contract within a year or so. I don't see this as being the only thing we get until 2012. The joint contract is what is more important in my mind to make this merger work. Just my humble opinion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back