• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
66 out of 70 EWR CA 737 slots - ual
9 out of 11 ORD CA 737 slots - ual
5 out of 5 SFO CA 737 slots - ual

Blow me.

Really, I guess you were napping while 350+ CAL pilots took CAP bids in LUAL bases from 2010-2013 without us being able to participate. Being lead by JP all those years must have erased any trace of reality from your little world.

66 out of 70 EWR CA 737 slots - ual
9 out of 11 ORD CA 737 slots - ual
5 out of 5 SFO CA 737 slots - ual

Blow me.

Poor CAL pilots! There feel better. We put up a horrendous arguement and were dealt the appropiate response. The UAL guys deserve the upgrades their seniority holds.

Last edited:
Who cares if they take those "guppy" slots.....that means there are openings for the CAL pilots to become Jumonauts. According to the UAL SLI argument it's superior flying.

Really, I guess you were napping while 350+ CAL pilots took CAP bids in LUAL bases from 2010-2013 without us being able to participate. Being lead by JP all those years must have erased any trace of reality from your little world.

Boy that's a stretch. 350? Really? Did you even read the T&PA? LAX was established in the T&PA as being intentioned by s-CAL management prior to the merger. DEN, ORD, and SFO were limited Capt awards at best (maybe 20-25 per base?). Most of the new Capt slots went to GUM, EWR, CLE and IAH.

Meanwhile, s-UAL opened up a A320 base and a B767/757 base in IAH. Those aircraft pushed out S-CAL 737 and 756 lift. It also took flying from EWR and GUM. Of course, CAL took flying from SFO and LAX but the point is there were essentially no gains by either side because the T&PA assured this (block hour restrictions by either side to prevent whipsawing).

- CAL had new aircraft coming, UAL didn't. Aircraft ordered BEFORE the merger.
- CAL had 250-300 retirements 2010-13 because we had a A-fund, ie, something to retire with. Some pilots chose to leave prior to 65 because they could, seeing as how many nearly 7 figures in the A-fund. How many did UAL retire during that period?
- Said new aircraft were growth aircraft, per management. This is partly because CAL had better scope. Whereas UAL could channel lift to it's 70-seaters; relief that ALPA afforded from that LOA or MOU signed back in, what? 2003? Wasn't it UAL MEC leaders that said they were burned by that scope relief and promised to turn back the clock on scope? How did that work out for us all? By and large, you guys controlled the UPA TA vote and therefore voted in a contract that gave further scope relief all the way up to 76-seaters, which are 90 seaters with first class). THAT to me alone was the dumbest move I've ever seen a pilot group make. Our junior pilots will pay for that should age 67 or 70 happen and the retirements come to a halt.
- CAL was chronically understaffed for at least two decades. UAL, by contrast was overstaffed of late (and continues to be). How many bids were there for UAL A320 upgrades by contrast? Recall the un-admitted testimony, done under penalty of perjury federal court, from UAL mgmt i September of 2013 that the S-UAL side is overstaffed by 30%. I suppose you think that executive travelled all the way to DC to get up in front of a federal judge and lie under oath.

Last edited:
Wait and see how bad they want back on that thing after they get their butts worn slick on the 737. Just remember LUAL pilots: Talk bad about the 737 all you want, but do NOT vote the airplane away next contract! For any reason!! Do not listen to JH or any 570 or ANY old guy!!

How the hell is this in the GA section?

How could a thread be more specifically about Major airlines??

Wtf?

No seriously

Who are the Mods now?

And why are they tampering so ridiculously?

Don't question authority, just honestly curious-

This thread clearly doesn't belong anywhere but the MAJORS section

Latest resources

Back