• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some ASA history Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is it unofficially then? And why only four?

Unofficially, you can include the 900 orders. They can transfer airplane now if they want, and instead they are adding airplanes to ASA. If you play ball with Jerry, he will play ball. If you thump your chest and make demands, I suspect Jerry will take his ball home....It is his sandbox whether we like it or not. You can try to get out of the sandbox if you like, but IMO, it's the best sandbox to be in. Either way, you will be in someones sandbox.

Nevets said:
When exactly did this occur?

A dirty little ALPA secret that they don't like to make public is that during the CMR strike, Delta transferred CMR RJs to ASA and Skywest to add to their fleets. Both Skywest AND ASA flew them during the CMR strike. I know you are an ALPA true believer, but ALPA isn't everything you think it is. It didn't violate "flying struck work", but never the less, we flew CMR RJs and CMR passengers during their strike.

These 200s, have been transferred back and forth ever since. We have CA RJs, Comair as Skywest RJs, and Skywest has some of each. You see the whipsaw exists whether or not Skywest Inc has a single list....The "brand" controls the whipsaw.

Just trying to establish the time line of Inc's whipsaw of ASA that many here seem to ignore happened.

Nevets, the whipsaw comes from Delta, UAL, CAL, etc....It doesn't really come from Inc. Eagle got a single list, and they were still whipsawed.

I'm all for a single list, but without brand scope, or some other control of the flying it is meaningless. At least Jerry is trying to consolidate flying which is a good thing. Heck, you guys were whipsawed even though you consoldidated under the one list at CAL EX....Chq. came in, and you ended up signing a contract that didn't cover your costs...That was whipsaw regardless of the seniority list.

ASEA was the Nasdaq stock symbol before Delta bought us and is (I've heard) the origin of the callsign.

Its been answered already. 'acey' came from Asa Candler, which is why it was changed to Candler later on when we started going west and conflicted with the ANG unit.

Nevets, the whipsaw comes from Delta, UAL, CAL, etc....It doesn't really come from Inc. Eagle got a single list, and they were still whipsawed.

I'm all for a single list, but without brand scope, or some other control of the flying it is meaningless. At least Jerry is trying to consolidate flying which is a good thing. Heck, you guys were whipsawed even though you consoldidated under the one list at CAL EX....Chq. came in, and you ended up signing a contract that didn't cover your costs...That was whipsaw regardless of the seniority list.

Whipsaw used to come from just the mainline carriers. With the advent of Freedom, GoJet, and ASA/SKW, it now comes from the regional carriers as well. Your view of our whipsaw is way skewed. It was JA using ASA and SKW as whipsaw that caused our CEO to ultimately sign the CPA that SKW had negotiated with CAL taking into consideration a 16% concession to bring us into parity with SKW. It had nothing to do with CHQ. I contend that if JA had it his way, he would have three separate list on have absolutely NO consolidation. I think you know that as well. Nice guy there isn't he.

I'm all for a single list, but without brand scope, or some other control of the flying it is meaningless. At least Jerry is trying to consolidate flying which is a good thing. Heck, you guys were whipsaw led even though you consoldidated under the one list at CAL EX....Chq. came in, and you ended up signing a contract that didn't cover your costs...That was whipsaw regardless of the seniority list.

In all due respect, you keep proving you really arent familiar with how XJET got to where it is today.

Chq had nothing to do with our paycuts. The board was told sign with SKYW or get lost. Then told take this deal or get lost. CHQ was already starting to phase out its CAL fleet at the time.

Latest resources

Back