• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some ASA history Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Joe Reference ASA fleet, you forgot the Dash-7 and the good ole Shorts 360!!

I didn't forget them, I thought he wanted the fleet breakdown in 1995 when the 146s came on the property. The Dash 7 left in 1994.

Thanks guys, just trying to get some backgroung and perspective on the new "us".

Our fleet was pretty simple. Bar Harbor had the ATR's, Britt Airways had the 120's (Brasillia) and Rocky Mountain had the Beech 1900's. Until we started getting the 145's on property in 1996. We received 4 per month until we had 175 (-1 which was lost in trainning).

After 911 we parked all the 1900's (until they were sold off to Commutair). And the 120's were shut down pretty fast too. But the "good-ol-Atr" stayed in service until Dec 2002. (something like the last flight was out of IAH with it's original CA or something like that).

And to answer someone's question. No, our callsign dosn't get confused too often. Houston calls us "jetlincoln" and we hear "jetlinks" now and then but that's about all.

Jerry Bartelson

Last edited:
Does XE commonly have trouble with call-sign confusion? If not, I vote for "Jet Link" to become the combined company's callsign.

We get called Blue Streak all the time around CLT. And I've been called JetBlue a few times.

ASEA was the Nasdaq stock symbol before Delta bought us and is (I've heard) the origin of the callsign.

The scope thing was an attempt to force ALPA to follow it's own rules of fair representation. There is a procedure to merge the MEC's and the respective seniority. It was seen, by the mainline guys as a seniority grab from us little guys and was squashed faster than a wage cut at the board.

A few firebrand types at Comair and ASA filed a lawsuit to try to force the issue. Even though they won some of the issues, it only made ALPA form a small jet committee and study the issue. They lost on the real issue of DFR within ALPA, so today you still have some screaming for an independent regional union.

Please don't argue the RJDC. It's over.

Latest resources

Back