Some advice please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck!

I was going to add that being a young guy is an advantage. You have time on your side. If it proves to be the wrong decision, which I doubt, you'll have plenty of time to get back on track.

Also, you'll like Florida this time of year. Summer, though, is, shall I say, a little humid? But Southeast Cheeseland can get humid, too, in the summer.

I have to second Mar's comment about college, though. Be sure to keep it high on your "to do" list. I also wish that I was 20 and in your position, too. But these are the things you learn post-20.

Last edited:
I wish it was Florida, but its not. I will be based in Pontic, MI over near Detroit, but I promise I will always be a Packer fan.

IFL

Hey, look me up--I'm a cfi at Tradewinds just down the taxiway. Would love to get a beer some time (how long are you going to be 20? :D )

Michigan v. Cheeseland

Fr8Dog said:
I wish it was Florida, but its not. I will be based in Pontic, MI over near Detroit, but I promise I will always be a Packer fan.
I guess I read Florida. At least you won't have to move so far. Of course, you'll be in the heart of freight country.

Once more, good luck with the job.

Hey Raskal

I will be 21 in just under a month, and I am always up for a beer. Do you know of anyone in the area who is looking for a roommate by chance? If you do let me know it would be very appreciated.

Mar and I agree again. Could we be resurrecting our old agreeable days from the private board??

Go for it, Fr8dog, and finish that degree too. I flew on a Convair on Eastern Airlines at age 15 on a flight to Toronto. What a solid aircraft. Enjoy.

I also wish that I was 20 again. The things I would do differently...

Good luck and have fun driving the biggies. Keep everyone posted as to how you like the new gig.

Hey fr8dog...since you WERE raised a

poor black child...are you going to let that guy get away with the eeeny, meeny, miney, moe, thing. There's two soul sistahs suing southwest airlines and a flight attendant, cause she said that same thing over a public address system during aircraft boarding...no lie...made the news this week. Now there's a novel way to get the cash you need to survive that first year at IFL!

Disclaimer: all in pun and a spoof off of that steve martin movie from waaaay back. fr8dog is cool, I know the guy and wish him luck too!

Hey.. bringing this back up from way back when! Just curious.. how do/did you like working at IFL? I see them posting on climbto for 580 fo's. Was it worth it? Did you fly a lot? What do you have to say.. anything!!??

Latest resources

Back