Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flex-ible

JAFO
This new call sign is being used by Jet Solutions, the Part 135 affiliate of Flexjet. Since Flexjet is owned by a foreign corporation, it cannot own a Part 135 company. Jet Solutions is the answer; it buys the shares used by 25 hour card holders.

Listen for it on an ATC frequency near you soon.

This new call sign is being used by Jet Solutions, the Part 135 affiliate of Flexjet. Since Flexjet is owned by a foreign corporation, it cannot own a Part 135 company. Jet Solutions is the answer; it buys the shares used by 25 hour card holders.

So is it being flown by Flex pilots? This type of program has had great success at NJA with Marquis Jet owning many shares. Now lets bash XO-Jet. (Just kidding of course)
:beer:

Last edited:

I followed one of their LR60's into SJC last week. They were using the Solutions call sign. Asked the crew about it on the ramp and they gave us the skinny.

If I remember correctly, didn't BJS use this call sign PRIOR to becoming Flexjet? Seems to me when they were primarily a management company they used the Solutions call sign. I could be wrong.

I managed an aircraft 10 years ago on BJS certificate (hard to believe it has been that long ago). No call sign then, but that was a long time ago. We were booted off the certificate along with every other, non-current production Bombardier airframe that was on the certificate at that time. We went to TAG, which brings me to my point. So Flex cannot have a 135 certificate because they are a foreign company, so BJS is created as a US based company. Sounds very much like the TAG/AMI Jet Charter relationship. I'm sure most of us here is aware of how that ended.

What is confusing to me is are the 135 trips being flown on Flex aircraft or are they just 91K trips? I don't see how they can be flown under part 135 on a Flex aircraft.

I can see BJS buy a share and then subdividing that out and the trips being flown 91K. That is my understanding of how the orginal Marquis card began.

Marquis trips are all 135 flights. I don't know if it started that way, but that is how it is now.

Yes BJS had the call sign before.
Yes, BJS flights are on Flexjet aircraft, all of which are kept up to 135 standards.
No, it's not like TAG/AMI, the company dots all i's and crosses all t's to ensure everything is within compliance. Additionally, operational control is never in doubt for any given flight.

What is confusing to me is are the 135 trips being flown on Flex aircraft or are they just 91K trips? I don't see how they can be flown under part 135 on a Flex aircraft.

Jet Solutions retains operational control of flights, "leasing" the aircraft from Flexjet for each operation.

To meet the requirement for a 135 operator to have exclusive use of at least one aircraft, Jet Solutions has a 172 parked someplace around Dallas.

I swear to God, if all these operators keep operating on the fringe of compliance the feds are going to step in and it aint gonna be pretty for any of us.

Keeping a 172 laying around to meet the letter of the law? Great, but it doesn't meet the spirit of the law does it?

What's to stop me from buying 100 marquis cards from NetJets and then publishing a schedule from JFK to MCO 7 days a week and selling tickets on the Internet?

Go on...screw with the FAA and see where it gets ya.

I
What's to stop me from buying 100 marquis cards from NetJets and then publishing a schedule from JFK to MCO 7 days a week and selling tickets on the Internet?

A. You don't have 125 million dollars.
B. You cannot advertize a service you are not allowed to provide under 135 or 121.

The FAA and the fractionals work closely with each other, and I am sure that every move the fracs make is carefully considered by both sides.

Latest resources

Back