Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HHH

This fight will be about scope relief.

Management has drawn their line in the sand. They want 50 seat scope relief. Most CAL and UAL pilots should understand the destructive ramifications of scope relief on our careers. This entire merger, SLI, Joint CBA, etc. will all hinge on scope. We have to understand that no amount of money, work rules, etc. is good enough to give up scope. Scope relief equals furlough for those on the bottom and backwards movement for everyone else.

NO SCOPE RELIEF!

HHH is RIGHT ON! This message needs to be heard loud and clear.

Its no secret CO wants better scope. They want that first class seat on some of the markets served by XJT... Maybe merging was the only way of getting it?? Time will tell.. My guess is they will hold the line on 66 seat 700's as the max. But the number of them my go up as 50 seaters are taken down..

Its no secret CO wants better scope. They want that first class seat on some of the markets served by XJT... Maybe merging was the only way of getting it?? Time will tell.. My guess is they will hold the line on 66 seat 700's as the max. But the number of them my go up as 50 seaters are taken down..

66 is not the max at united, there are 36 70seat e170s in united colors.

If you look at the number of flights XJT has just for CAL, its more than half the domestic flying. If the 50 seaters are taken down and replaced with 70 or more seat aircraft. The job loss at the new United will be huge. Now is the time to take a stand, for the big boys at the top to get there big payday for this merger, they will have to work this out or this is the end of a lot of careers.

I will never vote for anything that lets ANY plane fly for the new company that has greater than 50 seats.... They can let us fly them.... or go pack sand

under the current United contract what is the max number of 66 seat aircraft? My understanding is that it is unlimited? If so, the company does not need scope relief. They can put as many 66 seaters as they want on the United cert and fly any "contintntal" route that they want.

If you look at the number of flights XJT has just for CAL, its more than half the domestic flying. If the 50 seaters are taken down and replaced with 70 or more seat aircraft. The job loss at the new United will be huge. Now is the time to take a stand, for the big boys at the top to get there big payday for this merger, they will have to work this out or this is the end of a lot of careers.

It has already ended a lot of careers!!!!! If they cave, the language must include,"FURLOUGHED UNITED PILOTS WILL BE GIVEN CAPTAIN POSITIONS AT ALL THE REGIONALS THAT GAIN FROM THIS DOMESTIC OUTSOURCING"....yeah right!!! This bubbas career has been ruined by RJs.

Let us not forget the International outsourcing on the other end. That threat still exists.

Latest resources

Back