• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So who's going??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What exactly is so senior about this flying? Sounds like the real winners will be the guys that get to go back to flying a jet in the good ol usa.

Don't they have a flat 20% tax????

They have a flat 25% tax, which the company is paying. All pay numbers are net, not gross. I would guess junior captains and mid to junior FOs will make the majority of the people going.

I don't know... $7K+/month NET sounds pretty good! I don't think it'll go all that junior. If I was a single guy I'd be all over it! I've had enough overnights in DHN, MGM, CSG, HSV, etc. etc. to last a lifetime! A little change of scenery would be awesome! I'm a couple months shy of 10yr 200 CA pay and I don't break $5K/month take home on my best months!

I don't know... $7K+/month NET sounds pretty good! I don't think it'll go all that junior. If I was a single guy I'd be all over it! I've had enough overnights in DHN, MGM, CSG, HSV, etc. etc. to last a lifetime! A little change of scenery would be awesome! I'm a couple months shy of 10yr 200 CA pay and I don't break $5K/month take home on my best months!

$3200 was the most I've ever taken home as an FO, and that was with 94hrs of credit and 340hrs of per diem on $4130 of gross. Mid seniority line-holding FOs probably bring home around $3500. A junior reserve FO is looking at $2200 take home plus per diem unless by some miracle they break guarantee.

By my rough calculations an Acey FO making $40/hr would have to credit 121hrs plus 500 bucks per diem to make Vietnam take home pay in the US. Then you'll have to find someone to pay your housing

Horrible pay or not that's some tough numbers to go against in the current job market, especially if you're furloughed.

It won't go junior or senior, by seniority list. It's a completely different job and you have to interview- no preference given to seniority order here. That's why there isn't a seniority list over there either. You have to interview and get selected to go.

Latest resources

Back