So where is everyone going to go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DJS

While I really enjoy talking aviation, I also enjoy talking about other things with other people who just happen to have the same aviation bug as myself.

If I can't talk cycling or restaurants or boats or even the occasional politics, I'm going to have to find somewhere else (ok, so no big loss to flightinfo I suppose; I'm a low-to-medium level poster, but still, if enough people migrate to the same bbs, we could party on over there).

Ok, so where is everyone going? Technologically, there are decent bbs's over at www.iPilot.com. The community over there could sure use a few hundred more people to get to critical mass (I left because it got rather boring).

There is already a bbq thread going over at www.airlinesforum.org.

it don't take long

maybe my poor grammer pucntuation and speeling will get Tony over there

enigma

It'd be truly sad to see this community collapse over such a simple matter. Why can't the moderators just open it back up? It's such an easy task to do. Why jeopardize FlightInfo over one forum? I'm not a frequent member here, but I'd say the non-aviation related forum was very informative.

The majority of this board is professional pilots. After flying long hours, who really wants to talk about aviation anymore? It is interesting to see what hobbies and knowledge members have to share in here, and that forum was the best place to do it.

Now we have the general discussion forum flooded with non-aviation related posts. If the moderators want to ban people for doing that, might as well close the website down as everyone is doing it.

Truly sad to see the picture of the webmaster with his children and to think that the members were happy with good leadership. This is a terrible continuation to what the webmaster took several years to make. You guys are destroying it in days.

enigma said:
There is already a bbq thread going over at www.airlinesforum.org.

it don't take long

maybe my poor grammer pucntuation and speeling will get Tony over there

enigma

Are you sure you wanna frequent a website where the logo contains a screenshot of a flight simulator program? I'd highly recommend Jetcareers.com.

positiveg said:
Are you sure you wanna frequent a website where the logo contains a screenshot of a flight simulator program? I'd highly recommend Jetcareers.com.
I fly airplanes not computers, so I'll have to take your word that the logo comes from a sim program. I do know the people that started the site, and I can tell you that they all fly the same aircraft that I fly. Maddogs and Airbii. Not a one is sitting in his moms basement playing airline pilot.

If you want to put it that way, I'd rather frequent a place run to accomodate current pilots, than one run to play to wannabees. Not that I have anything against Doug. I read his site as well, but his target is "careers", and airlinesforum's target audience is people who are already in the industry.

regards,
enigma

positiveg said:

I would highly suggest www.jetcareers.com as well. I do hope the Moderators have a change of heart, this website was supposed to serve as a memory to Mark....

enigma said:
If you want to put it that way, I'd rather frequent a place run to accomodate current pilots, than one run to play to wannabees. Not that I have anything against Doug. I read his site as well, but his target is "careers", and airlinesforum's target audience is people who are already in the industry.

Enigma,

I'd have to agree. I spent some time over at JC. Dougs a good guy, but way, WAY too many wannabees over there.

Believe it or not, we have a nice mature pilot group here (well, experience wise), and it'd be a waste to kill it.

But at least we can do what we all accuse each other of doing when some accident happens...wildly speculate what happened to draw this out. Any guesses?

Nu

You guys just don't get it.

By banning "non-aviation" chat they just put the kabash on the most radical freak shows out there.

It's easy to shut someone up when the "official" policy is Airplanes Only.

If you guys would just lighten up a little I'm sure no one would drop the axe on a frickin' BBQ thread or pix from a Halloween party.

Grow up for cryin' out loud.

Freedom is about exercising responsibility and good judgement. Don't abuse it and you can still have a little fun.

Nowhere. I posted in non-av about once every 5 months.

Although, I guess if I decided that I absolutely needed inane banter in my life, I could go to airliners.net.

-Goose

It's better now. As long as the thread titles are reasonably accurate let the non-av stuff be in with everything else, less searching around for a laugh.

Latest resources

Back