Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So, Where did everybody fly to today & how was your landing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HawkerF/O

I eased down to Texas with another pilot who is a stand-up guy. All around a good trip.

As for the landing, you'll soon learn that was another story in itself. I typically have pretty good luck rolling that big dude on, but today my friends, it was not to be. You see, the skies were angry today, yes………..oh so angry. ANGRY I TELL YA! If I've ever seen angry, I seen it today.

With a slight hint of a sharp winter's breeze, the wind Gods danced upon the rudder, matching my inputs, tit for tat (You didn't hear me, I said Tit for Tat) only to relent as I tamed that bad boy, ever so slightly slipping the reversers into Idle deploy, and bringing that smoke wagon to a redeeming halt.

Indeed, the skies won this one; celebrating their rare victory with rewarding rays of a warm Texan Spring sun in the dead of Winter. But make no mistake about, I'll be back. Yes, I've landed to land another day. But the winds have called down the thunder, well now they got it; I’m coming, tell the winds I’m coming and HE11’s coming with me!

So be on the look-out above my fellow pilots, as I'll be cruising through the skies, defeating the dastardly blows of ruthless winds, yaw by yaw, cross control by cross control. Hear me now when I tell you, I'll be prepared when the power is retarded to flight Idle and they attempt to rear they ugly heads with 1 purpose only; that purpose being a futile swipe at robbing a brotha' of his perfectly timed and well earned meeting with the asphalt of markings, numbers, stripes, widths, and lengths.

Ok, that was Gayy and I'm so bored I am debating on whether to go rent Stealth or Dune.

Your turn...............

Last edited:
I slept until 0730, made coffee, went and got service done on the wifeys car, went to the mall..then came home and punched the clown.

(in honor of Rice)

:D

Gulfstream 200 said:
then came home and punched the clown.

(in honor of Rice)

:D
Maybe it's my sheltered upbringing, but I have never hear that. What does "Punch the Clown" mean. I mean, I always kick the dog across the room when I get home to let him know I care about him, but I have never heard of "Punch the clown". I might "punch the Clown" too, but just don't know I am doing it, but I'm always on the look out for cool new slang, so please reply with due speed.

Had the opportunity to fly today on a nice little IFR trip in a C-172. Haven't done many of these trips for myself since I was building time for my commercial and this time nobody was paying me. Squeaked it on at AGC with a pretty good crosswind for the little bird...around 18G24 around from 210 landing on 28.

Flew back to the planes home base at TZR winds 210 at 16 for rwy 22. Had a windshear warning on final, gained a whopping 3 knots and never felt the wheels touch :) Afterward the controllers and I were joking about "saves" and I told them I'd write a nice letter detailing how he saved my life with the windshear advisory since one of the other controllers was credited a save for reminding a guy to put his wheels down on short final.

Something along the lines of "Had the controller not informed me of the windshear situation the 3 kts I gained on final would have no doubt caused me to land 10 feet further down the runway which would have resulted in missing a turnoff and being picked up by a dust devil which would then have cause significant damage to the aircraft. I credit Controller XX with saving my life!"

too over the top?

HawkerF/O said:
Maybe it's my sheltered upbringing, but I have never hear that. What does "Punch the Clown" mean. I mean, I always kick the dog across the room when I get home to let him know I care about him, but I have never heard of "Punch the clown". I might "punch the Clown" too, but just don't know I am doing it, but I'm always on the look out for cool new slang, so please reply with due speed.

heh, heh.

who's gonna take the bait.....

HawkerF/O said:

"punch the clown"

http://www.ubersite.com/m/56358

I have heard it used often by corp pilots being stuck someplace the would rather not be....

"boss has me sittin' in Apsen all week punchin' the clown".

"rather be home taggin' the girlfriend instead of here in Beijing punchin' the clown".

:blush:

and landings??...ALL landings are good so long as they are followed up by a cold beer within 60 mins.

Last edited:
We had an un-typical "short" flight over to KEWN (New Bern, NC). Very pretty countryside. I had a "skip" (not quite a bounce) on my leg......oh well.

Bored, indeed! You're no Ernest Gann, my friend. :)

No landings for me today, had the day off, enjoying a couple drinks. Been playing with the new iPod...not to be confused with 'punching the clown'.

FlyingFisherman said:
I credit Controller XX with saving my life!"

Buy him a rack o' ribs at JP's. :beer:

OK, sorry for being so slow. I should have figured that one out, but I like the way you are thinking........
Gulfstream 200 said:
"punch the clown"

http://www.ubersite.com/m/56358

I have heard it used often by corp pilots being stuck someplace the would rather not be....

"boss has me sittin' in Apsen all week punchin' the clown".

"rather be home taggin' the girlfriend instead of here in Beijing punchin' the clown".

:blush:

and landings??...ALL landings are good so long as they are followed up by a cold beer within 60 mins.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back