So, what's up at Jetsuite? Any updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This statement came out from Embraer on October 21, 2009

In another sign of the tough economic times, Embraer has more than 10 Phenom 100 very light jets sitting at the factory waiting for delivery as European air taxi start-up JetBird and US charter operator JetSuite struggle to secure financing. The manufacturer was expecting to deliver 35-40 Phenom 100s in the third quarter, but delivered only 22 aircraft. Chief executive Fred Curado says Embraer has not encountered any problems ramping up production, but "commercial issues" have prevented it from meeting its delivery targets. Embraer executive vice-president for executive aviation Luis Carlos Affonso says two of Embraer's largest Phenom 100 customers, JetBird and JetSuite, have not begun taking any of its Phenom 100s due to financing issues and account for a majority of the "shortfall".

This statement came out from Embraer on October 21, 2009

In another sign of the tough economic times, Embraer has more than 10 Phenom 100 very light jets sitting at the factory waiting for delivery as European air taxi start-up JetBird and US charter operator JetSuite struggle to secure financing. The manufacturer was expecting to deliver 35-40 Phenom 100s in the third quarter, but delivered only 22 aircraft. Chief executive Fred Curado says Embraer has not encountered any problems ramping up production, but "commercial issues" have prevented it from meeting its delivery targets. Embraer executive vice-president for executive aviation Luis Carlos Affonso says two of Embraer's largest Phenom 100 customers, JetBird and JetSuite, have not begun taking any of its Phenom 100s due to financing issues and account for a majority of the "shortfall".
Did you not read the whole one page thread?

Yea, I read it. Embraer assumes that JetSuite will have it's funding in place in the near future. I learned a long time ago not to assume anything in aviation. I take it you don't mind making assumptions, so, what do you assume?

To quote Embraer: Affonso adds that if JetBird and JetSuite are able to close on financing both will be able to take several aircraft in quick succession.

Last edited:
Just found this update on AIN Online

JetSuite Launches Phenom 100 Charter DayCards[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JetSuite, which plans to begin flying in the western U.S. on November 15, began selling DayCards to customers late last week. The company has firm orders for 61 Embraer Phenom 100s and has already taken delivery of two; it plans to receive another five by year-end. Charter flights will be operated by Superior Air Charter of Medford, Ore. The JetSuite DayCards come in two sizes: a 10-day plan for $35,000 and a 25-day plan for $75,000. Each card allows the buyer to fly a JetSuite Phenom 100 up to 12 hours per day at an hourly rate of $999 and no additional landing fees when using JetSuite bases in Long Beach, Hawthorne and Oakland, Calif., and Henderson, Nev. “JetSuite has more than adequate backing,” said CEO Alex Wilcox. JetSuite selected the Phenom 100, he said, because 70 percent of business jet trips carry four people less than 800 miles, an ideal trip in the light jet. “People are focused on value,” he said. “It’s a little tone-deaf to take an intercontinental airplane 300 miles, and it’s not any faster than a Phenom 100.”[/FONT]

If I have enough money to rent a Jet I'm not showing up in a Phenom, I showing up in a Gulfstream, end of story.

If I have enough money to rent a Jet I'm not showing up in a Phenom, I showing up in a Gulfstream, end of story.
Um yes, you don't and if ya did, you would save your money and fly a Phenom. I guess if you want to show off your big dik you'll pay for the GV. Most people that have money, didn't get rich by doing what you would do. They are smart with their money. Would you really fly 700-1200 miles in a GV with 1 or 2 people, when you could do it in a Phenom for less? Just my observation, no offense.

Latest resources

Back