• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So, what new procedures from the FAA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1 (c) No person may serve as a crew member on an aircraft type they have not previously served as a crew member.

Not in any of the 170, 175, 190's I've flown. Is this some kind of Embraer factory option? Maybe for euro carriers that do these in places like the ILS at London City Airport.

I believe it is an option. I remember seeing a blurb about it in the cbt from Embraer. Mi didn't watch the presentation as we don't have it.

Keep the most experienced pilots on the job as long as they can pass their
FAA physicals.

We are shown again and again that inexperience is less safe.

Safety is more important than some junior pilots desire for advancement.

When will we learn?

Not in any of the 170, 175, 190's I've flown. Is this some kind of Embraer factory option? Maybe for euro carriers that do these in places like the ILS at London City Airport.

Correct, it's a customer-specific option. The switch would be directly across from the "EICAS full" switch.

On a side note, I recently learned that EMBRAER also offers a built-in airstair as an option.

Keep the most experienced pilots on the job as long as they can pass their
FAA physicals.

We are shown again and again that inexperience is less safe.

The gentleman at the controls had just under 10,000 hours.

According to the CBT it is an option for GS up to 5.5 degrees and it deploys MFS #4 and #5 to 15 degrees.

The MFS are modulated from control column inputs.

Great idea. Surprised they haven't done this yet.

Airbus has had this for 25 years.

(synthetic voice) SPEED,SPEED,SPEED

Condition. Current thrust is not sufficient to recover positive flight through pitch control.

Duration, every 5 seconds until thrust is increased.

But you will not get that (speed speed speed) in the Approach Phase, you will hear it in the T/O phase though.

1 (c) No person may serve as a crew member on an aircraft type they have not previously served as a crew member.
Funny. Although I could see "1 (c) No person may serve as a PIC on an aircraft type they have not previously served as an SIC."

Latest resources

Back