Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So... What did the previous airline mergers give up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And they'll "Win" them this time too.

Our management knows at what point they can make money on the route, JB just has to have them at any cost, there's a difference.

KBB

I hope JB gets them (if they have to change hands) and I hope they do well with them. I don't think anyone ought to begrudge JB for what they've done, it's not like they're some gypsy cult.

I wouldn't wish BK on my worst enemy. Even you.

I would like to see you have to earn some of this recent success.

It's never easy with everyone gaming the system, we've earned the right to the first draft pick. It's like living in a neighborhood where you're the only one paying your mortgage, that should be rewarded.

I like how this merger has become all about what other airlines will get out of it. What a joke. I hope they split all the slots between Allegiant, Virgin and Alaska. Monopoly , give me a effing break. Oh wait we'll let you merge but only if we strip the new company down to the point where you won't make any money. Big eff you to you mr baer and mr holder you corrupt motherfu) kers.

It's never easy with everyone gaming the system, we've earned the right to the first draft pick. It's like living in a neighborhood where you're the only one paying your mortgage, that should be rewarded.

You don't feel rewarded? In what other areas do you think your employer is more deserving? What's come up short of your expectations?

From what I've seen, SWA asks for it, they get it. Love Field:,you got to stay and the agreement was continuously tweaked for decades so it was just right for you. You've shaped the entire production of the 737. Despite solid BM legislation, you got to do whatever you wanted to Airtan. Uncle Sam is going to staff an FIS for 5 gates just so corndogs don't get dwarfed by others' heavies. Pretty easy to lift the aforementioned mortgage when that's your reality.

I hope they make you pay to play in DCA, or you get froze out for being cheap. Hey, did you see where Motley Fool just ranked you?

Another question: what has SWA ever given up? Anything in the AirTran merger? I think it would be great if American insists you swap half your Hobby gates/routes for some DCA slots! Why isn't that part of the dialog?

Last edited:
Sorry for the off topic question, but what's with SW kitten thing? It seems to pop up in SW threads quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty funny. I'm just wondering where it started. Was there a kitten massacre somewhere in SW's past?
Old wives tail of new hire pilots being asked to sacrifice a kitten in honor of CB and HK during indoc.

I hope JB gets them (if they have to change hands) and I hope they do well with them. I don't think anyone ought to begrudge JB for what they've done, it's not like they're some gypsy cult.
JB "won" them, and SWA did not lose, they saddled a competitor with very high costs. Much like the F9 deal SWA "lost", which they didn't lose.

Latest resources

Back