• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So what did everybody major in?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im working on an Airport Management degree from Farmingdale SUNY. My main goal is to be a pilot and fly for an airline and getting this degree is a backup in case of anything. I love being around airplanes and working at the airport seemed like the obvious second choice, but like some other guys said before, you dont have to get an aviation degree if you want to be a pilot, or even to work at the airport, im doing it because learning about airports interests me. At least, get a degree in something that interests you, otherwise you'll end up working at job that bores you and you'll keep thinking about that dream job you never got.
good luck! ;)

Last edited:
Central Missouri State University

BS - Aviation Technology.
MS - Aviation Safety.

Wish I had business or engineering degrees. Oh well.

Chris

anything but aviation!

4 year Pro. aeronautics from Embry-Riddle.

I believe that degree and 50 cents will get me a cup of coffee.

Wait maybe it's 75 cents!

Music major here.

My music career paid for my flight training. Go figure.

I goat to school for histery an with the hopes of 1day makin a ton of money flying 757s for a majer airline that doesnt blow smok up there employs buttocks!

AAS Electronics Engineering Technology from Community College of Southern Nevada

BS Professional Aeronautics from ERAU

Doing preliminary work on an MA or MS in Japanese Linguistics or Asian Studies from UNLV or UCLA.

The electronics background at least got me some good-paying jobs over the years. The aeronautics degree turned out to be both toxic and worthless. And the planned graduate degree will not generate much of an income either. But that's the field I love these days in addition to movie/television production engineering and aviation.

Gotta study what moves ya.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back