So what did everybody major in?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah, bigD knows his stuff! ;)

Hey bigD, what did you play? And which groups did you play in? Maybe we met?

Beer&Brauts said:
I majored in Watching-the-horns-get-their-a$ses-kicked-ology at the University of Oklahoma!

Yeah, yeah,... let's see... Norman, OK vs. Austin, Texas: where do I want to go to school???

English said:
I was a professional musician and teacher while I was learning to fly. I paid for my lessons as I went. My musician salary is what paid for my flying lessons.

I play the oboe - ever heard of it?

Is it similar to the skin flute?

English said:
Ah, bigD knows his stuff! ;)

Hey bigD, what did you play? And which groups did you play in? Maybe we met?

I played the trombone for about 8 years. I stopped once I got to college. I was working full time while going to school, and music kinda took a back seat, unfortunately. Other than the various school orchestras of course, I played in the CSUN and Pierce College community orchestras.

Huggyu2 said:
Yeah, yeah,... let's see... Norman, OK vs. Austin, Texas: where do I want to go to school???

Yeah, after witnessing yet another humiliation at the Cotton Bowl, I at least took heart in knowing that I was driving back to Austin.

(hijack in progress)

CSUN! Did you know the Wes Kinney Stab?

I played in the LA Honor Orchestra one year. It was all the LA area youth orchestras, and CSUN was one of them. So, we might have played together.

What years did you play there? I think you might be a bit younger than me.

For the record:

BS: Aviation Science
MBA: Uh, yeah, sort of self explanitory
Minors: ditching chicks and mountain biking

-Goose

Hmmm...nope. I never had any part in honors orchestras - just the bands. This was all back in the mid-90's or so. I graduated in '96. Sigh...ten year is looming!

D@mn, Big D, you qualify as a "renaisance man". ;)

Me? I've got a B.S. (how appropriate!) in Journalism. I did it only because I could write with little effort. I saved my strength for tapping kegs and DG's and Pi Phi's! Oh yeah, I played a lot of golf, too. :rolleyes:

I'm the smartest person to ever graduate from Butler U. with a 2.00. :D That I even graduated is a scandal talked about on campus to this day.TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back