• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So Skywest said no... Now what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are not hearing much. There was a survey taken immediately after the vote closed as to what we didn't like. SAPA is supposedly meeting with SGU here soon to discuss the results. That's about all we have right now.

The survey results of the vote indicated that the majority were not happy with the pay increase amount, which was 1.2%. Since the time Skywest managment offered the increase Delta decreased flight hours at Skywest, Comair's fuloughing pilots and looking at substantial consessions, and Mesaba went 11.

So I'm thinking there will be no more negotiating, management is thinking there will be an ALPA drive soon anyway. Besides management feels the 6% MBIP bonus the employees have recieved is a pretty good increase in light of this industry.

OCP said:
Actually... That is what I was asking. The pilots said no. Now what?

1: Obtain ALPA card.
2: Sign.
3: Mail in.
4: Wait for next vote, and repeat previous performance.

You could always apply to ASA and bid SLC.

Union cards won't be coming anytime soon unless interest interest levels rise (no, not the financial kind).

Tell your friends that signing up on the ALPA website is not a vote for a union, but it is a way to get a group educated on the different options that the pilots may have.

Just one mans opinion.

Necessary most of the time with our current environment with managment. Our managment would be 10 times as bad if we didn't have a union to grieve all the violations of our contract that happen. Yeah they win some and lose some but that's how the process works. At least there is a process here cause I would hate to see what it would be like without ALPA. Some people think managment would turn into our best friend if we got rid of ALPA but I don't believe it. I would like to see the kind of relationship the pilot group and managment had when I started working here in 2000. Not the childish lack of respect environment we have now on both sides.

Latest resources

Back