Atlantic City
Current top four hyperlinks on drudgereport right now:

Vegas: Biggest Snow in 30 Years...
Spokane Shut Down By Snowstorm...
WATCH: NYC May Get 6 inches tomorrow...
Chicago: One Foot...
FREAK: SNOW IN MALIBU...
Major Winter Storm Parade...

This is now into Leno territory. Global warming my arse...

Any politician who wastes the taxpayers money on Global Warming programs should be tried for criminal misconduct, and misuse of public funds........ besides being thrown out on his ass.

Current top four hyperlinks on drudgereport right now:

Vegas: Biggest Snow in 30 Years...
Spokane Shut Down By Snowstorm...
WATCH: NYC May Get 6 inches tomorrow...
Chicago: One Foot...
FREAK: SNOW IN MALIBU...
Major Winter Storm Parade...

This is now into Leno territory. Global warming my arse...

Do you realize that global warming doesn't equate to "less snow"? The global warming hippies would say that those crazy snowfalls you listed are the result of global warming and that global warming creates chaotic weather patterns. If you really want to post evidence refuting global warming, then find something better. If you want to see some evidence supporting global warming, then look at the poles to see how much ice is gone. No matter what your stance, quoting the drudgereport is never going to gain you credibility!

Regardless of the truths behind global warming..it has the benefit of making people rethink the way they live and interact with the earth. There is an awakening and I honestly cannot see the problem with that.

How about the south pole is actually gaining ice (which may be the resust of more precipitation due to a warmer southern ocean) and the fact satalite data shows that the current warming peaked in 1998 (coincident with the solar maximum) and has been flat or declining ever since. There is also a five year plus study utilizing thousands of submersible bouys that strangely found no (read 0) change in global ocean temp over the course of the survey.
As a pilot you should know that currently CO2 makes up about 1/3 of 1% of the atmosphere (trace gas) estimates suggest that humans contribute about 3%of this ( 3% of .038% = .0126%) Thats right, even according to the doom and gloomers we only contribute a little more than 1/100th of the total CO2. Going back to the time of the Dinosaurs the average atmoshperic CO2 concentration has been around 3% with a maximum of 7% (more than 20 time more than now). We know that warm temperatures lead to more CO2, remember Al Gore's wall sized graph, the temperature change preceeds the change in CO2 by about 800 years (an incovenient fact for AL). There are also season fluctuations. So, here's the Nobel Prize winning question; If the temperature has increased by about 1 degree C over the last 150 years, by how much would CO2 increase? 100ppm? I don't know and I'm not aware of anyone who's checking, that would be inconsistent with the climate change agenda, whatever that may be.
There is also a pretty good record of sun spot activity going back over 2,000 years which has a 100% correlation to climate whereas CO2 only appears to correlate in the short term (1975-1998) or the very long term as mentioned above. If it's the sun, there is nothing we can do, however, if it is CO2? That opens the door to all kinds of political power grabs. If you can regulate carbon emissions you have your hand on the throat of the economy.
Read the UN IPCC's latest report and buried deep within you will read that their own scientists believe that a warming of 3 degrees F, or more than twice the warming of the last 150 years, would have a net benefit for mankind.
That's all I have time for, but use your head, use google. It requires some digging but the facts are all there. What's the agenda? I don't know. There are probably many, none with your best interests in mind.

Humans have no effect on their environment. Keep moving, nothing to see here.

How about the south pole is actually gaining ice (which may be the resust of more precipitation due to a warmer southern ocean) and the fact satalite data shows that the current warming peaked in 1998 (coincident with the solar maximum) and has been flat or declining ever since. There is also a five year plus study utilizing thousands of submersible bouys that strangely found no (read 0) change in global ocean temp over the course of the survey.
As a pilot you should know that currently CO2 makes up about 1/3 of 1% of the atmosphere (trace gas) estimates suggest that humans contribute about 3%of this ( 3% of .038% = .0126%) Thats right, even according to the doom and gloomers we only contribute a little more than 1/100th of the total CO2. Going back to the time of the Dinosaurs the average atmoshperic CO2 concentration has been around 3% with a maximum of 7% (more than 20 time more than now). We know that warm temperatures lead to more CO2, remember Al Gore's wall sized graph, the temperature change preceeds the change in CO2 by about 800 years (an incovenient fact for AL). There are also season fluctuations. So, here's the Nobel Prize winning question; If the temperature has increased by about 1 degree C over the last 150 years, by how much would CO2 increase? 100ppm? I don't know and I'm not aware of anyone who's checking, that would be inconsistent with the climate change agenda, whatever that may be.
There is also a pretty good record of sun spot activity going back over 2,000 years which has a 100% correlation to climate whereas CO2 only appears to correlate in the short term (1975-1998) or the very long term as mentioned above. If it's the sun, there is nothing we can do, however, if it is CO2? That opens the door to all kinds of political power grabs. If you can regulate carbon emissions you have your hand on the throat of the economy.
Read the UN IPCC's latest report and buried deep within you will read that their own scientists believe that a warming of 3 degrees F, or more than twice the warming of the last 150 years, would have a net benefit for mankind.
That's all I have time for, but use your head, use google. It requires some digging but the facts are all there. What's the agenda? I don't know. There are probably many, none with your best interests in mind.

Good post dude. You are dead on. People need to read the facts rather than take some dumbphuk newscaster's word.

This post is full of half-truths. I encourage anyone to investigate on your own, without simply discarding facts which are inconvenient.

Example of half-truths:

Currently, most scientists estimate that human contribution to CO2 has increased the atmospheric concentration by about 35% since the dawn of industrialization, not 3% as stated above. This is in combination with other greenhouse gases such as ozone, methane, CFC's, and nitrous oxide, and a reduction is CO2 absorbing forest.

"I'm not aware of anyone who's checking"... yes, the thousands of scientists computer modeling global warming have neglected to include the correlation between warming and CO2. It would interfere with their leftist agenda. (????)

"CO2 concentration was once 20x what it is now". True, 500 million years ago, when the global temperature is estimated to be 4-6 degrees Celcius hotter than current.

Currently, most scientists estimate that human contribution to CO2 has increased the atmospheric concentration by about 35% since the dawn of industrialization, not 3% as stated above.

Most scientists? Over 19,000 scientists have signed the Oregon petition (Look it up) stating in essence that they disagree with the IPCC's conclusions. Atmospheric CO2 has incressed by about a third over the past 150 years. On an annual basis humans contribute about 3% of CO2, so how much of that 33% is due to humans and how much is naturally occuring? We don't know and many (Micheal Mann) make the assumption we are responsible for all of it.

the thousands of scientists computer modeling global warming have neglected to include the correlation between warming and CO2. It would interfere with their leftist agenda.

Actually, I doubt that there are anywhere near a thousand scientist modeling climate and you would be suprised at how varied their predictions are. They use different variables and assign different weights to different parameters and there is plenty of room for bias . The IPCC takes a whole bunch of models and averages them together (the ensamble) figuring that on the average the individual errors will cancel each other out. Does this sound like a stastically valid practice to you? When Mann et.al.'s famous "Hockey Stick" was disected by critics it was found that random data plugged into their model produced the exact same "Hockey Stick". Errors compound, not cancel.

I make no assumptions about their agenda except it's not necessarily in your best interest. How is this for an agenda; U.S. spending on climate research in 1988 was around $100 million, last year it was over $4 Billion. No crisis, no money.

500 million years ago, when the global temperature is estimated to be 4-6 degrees Celcius hotter than current.

The chicken or the egg buddy. The irrefutable and unquestioned evidence tells us that warmer temps lead to more CO2. The key is that we didn't burn up in some out of control feedback loop which is at the core of all the models predicting catastrophy. During the ice ages the temperature was 10 C or more colder than now. It warmed up all by itself, without humans burning carbon. The important lesson here is that climate does change, plenty and often.

ackattacker, I think we can both agree to not take anyone at their word. Don't believe me. Good! Do your own homework, but the more you look the more you will find that the facts don't match the hysteria.

Peace

Latest resources

Back