• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So long ALPA. Thanks for the memories.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regarding ATL you've got to have perspective. Simply remember Morris Air, they were doing very well in SLC untill the shotgun wedding and then Southwest totally messed up the process and the competing airline, Delta, recovered nicely.

Hmmm..., Maru--the one guy on this forum less relevant on Southwest issues than PCL. Of course, that scab-wannabe is irrelevant on pretty much all airline issues.

So tell us, Maru, how did Southwest "mess up" anything in SLC? And as far as "shotgun weddings" go, you've probably forgotten that June Morris had the same motivation as Bob Fornaro--they couldn't wait to sell their airline to Southwest.

Bubba

Wasn't Morris essentially a travel club type airline that sold its open seats? The owners we're probably thrilled to get a healthy offer.

I see you're posting on the SWAPA forum.

I was just thinking the same thing. For someone who hates SWA and SWAPA (but is a SWAPA member now) he sure is on the SWAPA forums a bunch.

And FWIW if he did not sent his dues check off form in he would not have had access to the website....

My $$$$ is ole Todd will be in transition class....

Nah, it's all about the Atlanta domicile. I wouldn't be able to hold it for a very long time. Somewhere around 8 years, maybe 5 under best case growth. I'm not interested in commuting again, and I have a business in Atlanta, so I couldn't do the commute even if I wanted to. I'd have stayed on working a minimum schedule if I could have held ATL, but that wasn't in the cards after the SLI raping and Gary's lies.

I was ATL-based for almost a year at my previous airline. Not a bad base, but hardly so good that one should quit the industry in the absence of holding it.

I was ATL-based for almost a year at my previous airline. Not a bad base, but hardly so good that one should quit the industry in the absence of holding it.

Atlanta is home. I have no interest in moving or commuting.

For those of us that chose not to commute and home is/was in our base, it is a pity that over the course of a year we'll be spending an extra month of nights away from home now (and for less money). I'm in my 14th year and have looked at other options. If ATL wasn't attainable in the relative near future (at least with this week's plan), I'd be seriously considering those other options and providing a spot for someone else to buy their type rating and get hired. If/when ATL closes because they can't/choose not to compete, we'll re - evaluate.

So you guys became airline pilots?
Knowing that you weren't willing to move?

Wonder why so many view the bitchers from air tran on this board as such amateurs?

Once again, your own unrealistic expectations about the industry cause you guys so much heartburn.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back