So....is this a PDT captain?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Naaahhh...

That's "Full Stall Paul" in Chickenville.

I'm IN Chickenville.

I swapped into some guy's crew that did this insane flare, holding it off with the shaker going nuts, and I was eating seat for 10 seconds while we floated... and floated... and floated... and shaker... and seat gone... and the bug dropped through the floor... and there goes my career... and floated...

MB drives it on all 3 at 130 knots no matter what. Well I hope he doesn't do it in the snow but it wouldn't surprise me. "900's good" "we can take these off" "they're morons, f$%king morons" "lga ops, we still haven't got those martialers (every 30 seconds)" just a few of my favorites

Brief a visual approach with him and state 35/max. I did and he looked at me and said, "Is the runway too short for 15?"
"No, I just want to do 35/max."
"We'll just do 15/1050. It's easier for all of us."
He gets edgy if you repeatedly do this to him on a trip.

Although it's rumored he has calmed down a little now that he found himself a lady friend to relieve his built up stress.

I'm IN Chickenville.

I swapped into some guy's crew that did this insane flare, holding it off with the shaker going nuts, and I was eating seat for 10 seconds while we floated... and floated... and floated... and shaker... and seat gone... and the bug dropped through the floor... and there goes my career... and floated...

If it was a SYR CA then it must be RD.

My first MB encounter was discovering neither of us had our low enroutes while RNAV was inop before a flight to LGA.

His solution?

"we'll just get vectors"

FASLE

to say he gets edgy would imply he didn't start out that way.

My first MB encounter was discovering neither of us had our low enroutes while RNAV was inop before a flight to LGA.

His solution?

"we'll just get vectors"

FASLE

to say he gets edgy would imply he didn't start out that way.

Maybe if you ever did your job rather than just warming the right seat like Joe says, you would know flying from SYR-LGA without a chart is easy. You get direct RKA after t/o 95% of the time and then follow the Nobbi3. No chart needed. Although I would side with you, that MB wouldn't want to manually fly an airway and would insist on vecctors anyway even if it was from LGA-LAX without RNAV.

He's not always crazy, that's his problem. He goes from normal to wacko in 5 seconds and noone can figure out what sets him off. He's bipolar.

Maybe if you ever did your job rather than just warming the right seat like Joe says, you would know flying from SYR-LGA without a chart is easy.

Not to claim I'm much more use than hot pack in the right seat, but we weren't in SYR, so that knowledge (which I did, most probably at the time possess) would have been completely useless. On the subject of things that are compeltely useless to me, I left some hooch in DFW. If you're going home soon I'll tell you where.

Maybe if you ever did your job rather than just warming the right seat like Joe says, you would know flying from SYR-LGA without a chart is easy. You get direct RKA after t/o 95% of the time and then follow the Nobbi3. No chart needed. Although I would side with you, that MB wouldn't want to manually fly an airway and would insist on vecctors anyway even if it was from LGA-LAX without RNAV.

He's not always crazy, that's his problem. He goes from normal to wacko in 5 seconds and noone can figure out what sets him off. He's bipolar.

I'm glad I successfully derailed this thread.

Going in to PIT one night with MB with a thunderstorm approaching the field. Republic was in front of us on a left base for the left side. They were flying fairly square and not cutting it in, with nobody in front of them.

MB: "(Effing) Republic pilots! Bunch of (effing) morons. Stealing scope away and not flying to the (effing) numbers. (gosh) damnit, those (effing) idiots. etc. etc. etc."

Me: Mmmmkay... let's calm down a bit.

Although I don't mind the "900s fine" bit. It gets the plane quiet quick. I'll live through the power reduction... unless there's some other reason not to... it's been a while.

And don't even get him started on Colgan.

Though I actually liked MB. I just dreaded having a 4 day with DN, or "No-talkie" as I've heard him called. Stone silent for four freaking days... though it might be that I'm completely disinteresting to him ,who knows :)

he pulled the same on me, but i knew it was coming. This is what he had in store.... Told me what flaps and prop to do, i said no 35/max, he said "no" so i said " your aircraft" 300 feet from touchdown, i raised the gear and said PDTXXX on the go.. HE filled his pants, yes we had to meet with the chief on that one, but we flew again a couple weeks later, and I said "i will land how i want or you will fly all legs" he undestood... end of story...

they call him fullstallpaul because he has crashed/rubbed many aircraft...

Brief a visual approach with him and state 35/max. I did and he looked at me and said, "Is the runway too short for 15?"
"No, I just want to do 35/max."
"We'll just do 15/1050. It's easier for all of us."

Although it's rumored he has calmed down a little now that he found himself a lady friend to relieve his built up stress.

he pulled the same on me, but i knew it was coming. This is what he had in store.... Told me what flaps and prop to do, i said no 35/max, he said "no" so i said " your aircraft" 300 feet from touchdown, i raised the gear and said PDTXXX on the go.. HE filled his pants, yes we had to meet with the chief on that one, but we flew again a couple weeks later, and I said "i will land how i want or you will fly all legs" he undestood... end of story...

they call him fullstallpaul because he has crashed/rubbed many aircraft...

Good for you!

Your leg...... fly the plane how u like... if its sop's its all good... fuk em...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back