• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So is that it for July 15th?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I too got the update packet I think more than a month ago. I just got the extra NDR request yesterday.

Is it just me, or does everybody get nervous when they get a SWA leter?? I read about that guy (on this forum) who got typed after the thumbs from up from the DB, and then got a rejection letter after he shelled out the cash for the best job in the world. I can't remember his name. I think he said he got BB'd from someone on the property. Now, everytime I get that big brown envelope, I am scared to open it.

I will be soooooo freaking happy when my butt is in a chair at the schoolhouse in big D!!! All you cats in the pool are swell but I'd rather be hanging out with Y'all in the schoolhouse or at happy hour!!!!!!

See YA
Oak

:D

:) I spoke with Jan Ruley a week ago Monday to confirm that she had in fact received all of my updates, including the NDR request. She told me that the TX Dept of Public Safety was slow rolling all of SWA's requests. She said there were many pool players in the same boat and she was going to go out and FEDEX more NDR requests out to the pool, then take them personally to Austin and walk them thru.

Also, I am # 23 in the pool and JB's last update didn't give me anything positive other than hopefully there will be more classes coming up either in Aug or by the end of the year and we'll get you in. Wish I would have known how this StopLoss thing was going to play out about 8 mos ago; instead of retiring and being available right away, I would have stayed in, been stoplossed myself, and probably been able to have gotten out to start training at the same time anyway. Oh well, since my golf swing has never been better, I've decided to go for the Senior PGA tour while waiting for a SWA training date. The way this thing is going I might be on tour before I get to SWA! Although I'd rather be flying than playing golf.

Forum News Dissemination

Poolies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm wondering if the People Department folks at Southwest Airlines read posts on this forum. Does anyone know? Fly safe.

:cool:

When I was at Higher Power in January a couple folks from "People" came by for their brief on current issuses. They said that they did look at a few boards and mentioned this one by name. Seemed like they got a kick out of some of the rumors and watching us try to break the ever changing codes.
Rick

According to sources in the PD, yes, they do read these forums and laugh about just about every rumor we come up with!

Good Luck,
shootr (#137)

Really? Hey let's start some rumors. :D

I heard Southwest will triple in size by 2007 and be a all-widebody fleet by 2010... oh, and new destinations include Cancun, Belize, Kahului, Lihue, Kona, among others... this new service starts on Monday. But, nope, no new classes till 2003.

Yuk yuk yuk;)

RightBettor

right on Bettor

I just hate it when I do that!!?!? Sorry for starting a new thread;

I heard.....

that with all of the woes at the other "majors" SWA was going to go fro broke, will take delivery of 60+ planes in 2003, hire 800+ pilots, move the low cost concept into ALL major markets in the US to capitalize on the opportunity that exists in the airline biz today, talks are currently ongoing to purchase USAir, sell of all non-737 airframes AND.... well you get the idea.....

Have a nice swim everybody - living in PHX we LIKE being in the pool.... I can't really think of a better place to be right now!!!!

Reporting from the road, again. K

:D

Latest resources

Back