Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So is anyone going to see United 93 Movie??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dr Pokenhiemer said:
Let it go. If you want to be reminded about it everyday, join the military and help do something about it like many of us already have. Want to see my tshirt?

Still in service since pre-9-11, and post 9-11 happen to have a part in homeland defense...no t-shirt though. Ask a WWII vet if they've forgotten about Pearl Harbor or how the Japs treated our POW's back then...60+ years and they haven't forgotten...and I respect them for it!

Oh--don't take it the wrong way. I have the UTMOST respect for all our servicemen and women, as well as the pax on FLT 93. I just think that the documentary on TLC or Discovery was enough. I don't think their families need a movie about it--especially so that the writers, producers, directors, and actors can make millions off of the losses incurred in that incident. What I meant was that I think it's disrespectful to make a movie out of it after all the attention it's already gotten. Just someone else out to make a buck.

PS--That's for what you do. Keep it up.

Dr Pokenhiemer said:
Oh--don't take it the wrong way. I have the UTMOST respect for all our servicemen and women...
I second, third, and forth that - all serviceman past and present.

I'm not going to see it either. I was working at EWR at that time, and i can remember my wife waking me up that morning to those images on tv. Then getting back into work 3 days later, standing on the ramp and looking out at the smoke still billowing up from ground zero left me sad and wondering. Ewr was a ghost town.. nothing flying, no one moving except for a Canadair jet loading up under heavy scrutiny.. why rub salt in wounds that i'm sure for many will never heal?

I think they should force feed it down the throats of the TSA security screeners, I'm so sick of seeing little 5 year old girls get scared to death from being picked for the 3rd degree security search by the TSA agents thinking they're terrorists.

Sadly, Osama has won to a large degree, and has gotten what he wanted.

He's instilled undue fear into the American people, and have caused many essential liberties that make our nation so great, to be taken away in the name of "protection" and "terrorism."

Just thought I'd go off on that random rant there fro a second... :)

You have it way off base, Osama has only caused Bush and the TSA to believe they can only search WHITE LITTLE GIRLS AND OLD WOMAN instead of doing the right thing AND SEARCHING RAGHEADS.

THAT'S THE ONLY FREEDOM THAT HAS been taken away from the free world.

Every citizen of this country cannot watch this movie enough times to forget about the throuts of the pilots those RAGHEADS cut with those boxcutter knives on all four of those planes.

Last edited:
D_G said:
I'm so sick of seeing little 5 year old girls get scared to death from being picked for the 3rd degree security search by the TSA agents thinking they're terrorists.
Keep in mind secondary screening can be based on available intelligene data including the use of children with surgically implanted IEDs. Kinda like smuggling coke in canines, but with a little more zeal.

Although I'm not in the military, those family members of mine who've seen combat have desired nothing more than to forget what they saw and move on. My great-grandfather dropped into Normandy with the 101st and spent time as a POW. He suffered horrific PTSD following the war and became an alcoholic. Couldn't get the images out of his head he used to say. He died of a heart attack in 1980.

In social psych back in college we learned about the "cycle of violence" in that violence leads to frustration, which again leads to violence, which again leads to frustration and so on and so on. I guess this is why I can't watch any of the videos from 9/11 anymore. Just my 2-cents.

I literally just watched the full trailer on iTunes.

Not sure how accurate it all was, but I got cold chills when the pilots got an ACARS message saying "two planes just hit World Trade Center". A good friend's cousin was an FA on one of the American flights. She was picking up a little opentime trying to make some extra cash...I never saw the A & E movie (or whoever made it), so I might go see this one. Its definately not going to be an uplifting film but it will put a personal face on the people who lost their lives.

People have forgotten the WTC bombing in 1991, Khobar Towers, our embassies being blown up in Africa and the USS Cole. We as a society cannot forget what happened that day, simply burying and repressing the feelings of fear, anger and sadness we felt during and afterward and dreaming of a better tomorrow. Am I angry about what happened? You're damn right I am...but that doesn't keep me from living my life normally.

FWIW, I've tried joining the military three times since 9/11. I've been medically hard DQ'd...

Latest resources

Back