So I saw this posting for a 727 job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Thedude

So I saw this job posted for 727 crew members. In the ad it said that the pay was very competitive.

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1 The flight crew needs to be US Citizen with valid passport.
2. The crew needs to have completed or valid and current Proficiency Check Certificate.
3. Captain and First officer should have a valid Class A Medical Certificate. Flight Engineer needs to have a valid minimum Class B Medical Certificate.
4. Minimum contract period will be six (6) months and the contract may be renewed subject to mutual agreement.
5. The crew will be flying minimum 90 hrs per month as per FAA and Civil Aviation Authority guidelines.
6. The crew salary to commence from the date of actual flying by the crew.
7. Remuneration – FO - $3,500/month + performance based Incentive Bonus 80% of base salary ($2,800)/month = Total $6,300/month.
8. The flight crew will be provided with accommodation, food, laundry and transportation. However no per diem will be provided.
9. The crew should have a minimum one set of uniform at the time of joining the operation. The company will provide additional 2 sets of uniform.
10. Considering sensitive nature of the operation for the US Government (Incirlik Air Base, Turkey), the crew needs to undergo 10-year background check. Appropriate documents needs to be provided by the applicant, including fingerprints and social security number.

If interested, please send resume on the attached template with a copy of your passport and pc check and medical at the earliest.

Regards,

Let me see $3500 month divided by 90 hrs a month =$38.89 hr. Gee, I dont that is very competitive for an experienced 727 F/O or for any other large transport jet. I can only imagine what one would have to do to qualify for the incentive based pay.

Discuss

sounds like evergreen

I noticed that food, housing, and transportation are provided for. That is worth in the neighborhood of $2000-2500 per month, depending on where the domicile is located. This position likely has tax free status attached to it, so all of this makes the pay workable.

I just returned from living/flying in Europe on a six year hitch and flew to Turkey and about 35 other countries, so I am somewhat familiar with the theater. I paid $1,800/month for my apartment in Italy, plus electricity, propane, and telephone, total approx. $2,100/month.

If the domicile is Adana, Turkey, where Incirlik AB is located, then the expenses would probably be 40-60% of the above, i.e. considerably less expensive.

If anyone would like info on Turkey, drop me a PM. It is one of my favorite destinations. The Turks are wonderful people, it is inexpensive there, and English is widely spoken.

Last edited:
What the crap is a performance based incentive? Seems to me much of flying is pretty all or nothing. My guess is if you're willing to fly with broken crap they pay you more.

Hey. Golden Falcon, I noticed you have E-110 time who did u fly for and were did u go after your time thanks form another "bandit" driver

Latest resources

Back