• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So I just got my first interview....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately I think all of you, and me, missed our time in aviation.... by about 20 years but I enjoy the humor.

Mesa called me in for an interview, but here is the bad news. Last night I was charged with a DUI, felony speeding ticket (mind you this is my 4th one), possession of a loaded handgun, and evading and resisting arrest. Do you think this may lower my chances of getting hired by them? I don't think so when I was on my commercial checkride my DPE said I was very charming. Do you think I can charm them enough for them to overlook last nights events?

You'll be fine. The airlines and the FAA don't care about minor stuff like this any more. As long as you can prove that you will keep your manuals up to date and brief the expected taxi route upon landing including runway incursion hotspots, you will be golden.

Mesa called me in for an interview, but here is the bad news. Last night I was charged with a DUI, felony speeding ticket (mind you this is my 4th one), possession of a loaded handgun, and evading and resisting arrest. Do you think this may lower my chances of getting hired by them? I don't think so when I was on my commercial checkride my DPE said I was very charming. Do you think I can charm them enough for them to overlook last nights events?

I think youll be just fine. You might want to compare the offer with one at GoJet, or when things pick up TSA. I hear all they require is a pulse, and no fewer than three limbs, and only one eye can have an eyepatch.

Here is some good interview prep:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU15uvxuJqM

Latest resources

Back