Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So how are you supplementing your income?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you rent? I also have no idea what this means.

I own a part time rental business. Not sure what you don't understand.

well i understand the "part time" part, and the "business" part...but "rental" could mean a lot of different things to me. I was just trying to figure out if your bunsiness was renting cars, trucks, kayaks, jetskis, apartments, painball guns, etc ??? If you put in "part time rental business" into google you get a bunch of different things from cars to blow-up party trampolines to wedding rentals...
I guess I was just not sure how that would work, or what it was you rented...

So what exactly is it that your business rents? How is your business doing, are you able to make money with it? how long have you been doing that? was it a lot to start up or is like an affiliate business where you kinda make commission on what you rent... feel free to p.m. thanks

Last edited:
I started an Adult content site.

SERIOUSLY.

How about relocating vehicles?

GlenQ,
I know a guy who has a commercial truck drivers license and on his days off he works for a company that needs all sorts of different vehicles moved from point A to point B. Its kinda like picking up open time, they have the trips available on the computer and you can figure out which ones you would like to do. Ideally you could pick a trip from your area out to point A and have another trip lined up to bring you back home. Or you could jump out to wherever to pick the trip up or vice versa. He moves all sorts of things: semi's, RV's, school buses, UPS vans, garbage trucks etc. He usually tries to get trips that are doable in one day and do not require a fillup. I guess you get paid a mileage fee plus a fuel per diem. But usually the vehicle if full when you pick it up so you can pocket the fuel money as well if you do that.
He actually went to one of those schools to get the whole truckers license. However, he said that you dont even need that but I believe a class B license (you just would not be able to pull a trailer). And you can get someone else to pay for that by initially getting a job driving a school bus or commercial tour bus etc and have them foot the bill and then quit.
I think its actually a pretty cool gig to do on the side and obviously you have an advantage to get back and forth someplace without cost if you need to relocate between gigs.
There are many different companies that specialize in this but one of them is http://www.butlertransport.com/
Good luck!

A good friend of mine in Las Vegas does house inspections for realtors and banks that are foreclosing. It does involve some night school and you have to take a test for the state you are in but it does not take too long to complete. Once you get good at it you can knock out two a day no sweat. You get paid a flat fee of around $150 to $200 a shot.

I suck c.cK on street corners in Tijuana. Adds to the income and it is still more respectable tha being an Airline Pilot!

Latest resources

Back