• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So as fuel goes up fares come down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This merger is really going to fix DL/NW? If you go to any DL or NW flight most likely in any of their hubs they are selling seats on each others flights and even CAL already.????

I guess if you merge and cut the dc-9s and md-80(88)(90) out and layoff alot of people and close two-three bases then yeah they will cut alot of money out.=DL really has some real losers for Mangt. Like having what 7-8 connection carriers?

Could be a good old cash burn by DL.How long would it take them to bankrupt Airtran by destroying there yields,$345 mil would be ate up pretty quickly with $126 barrel oil and no yields.

Could be a good old cash burn by DL.How long would it take them to bankrupt Airtran by destroying there yields,$345 mil would be ate up pretty quickly with $126 barrel oil and no yields.

Yeah, that strategy has worked so well before. :rolleyes:

hyperbole: A figure of speech in which deliberate exaggeration is used for emphasis

I guess if you merge and cut the dc-9s and md-80(88)(90) out and layoff alot of people and close two-three bases then yeah they will cut alot of money out.=DL really has some real losers for Mangt. Like having what 7-8 connection carriers?

I'm on beer 3. At some point, could you use a shared destination from (ATL/SLC/CVG/DTW/MSP/MEM/JFK/BOS) (any combo you want), and actually replace the RJ's and do more of a modified point to point? Less frequency and the same or more seats?

Lets see here Airtran just shot down a contract for $181 an hour in the left seat of the 717 because they didnt want to reduce scope. My hats off to them. If Delta were bringing those 70-90 seat jets on property that could have been job protection for Delta pilots when oil really starts to peak.

Latest resources

Back