• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Snowboarding CHILE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, Most things are quite cheap in Chile. You get THOUSANDS of pesos for 10 USD. The mental math gets a bit cumbersome trying to figure out how much something "really" costs (a 1000 peso meal seems expensive until you realize it's only like 2 bucks), but thats the fun of traveling, eh.

My freak'n god!! I talked to the van people who were going to pick me up from the airport and they told me 90.000 pesos! I asked her is that 90 US Dollars and she said no 90 pesos. thanks for your help man!!!!

I would not rent a car. Driving in the mountains can be tricky and the road to portillo is a major Shipping road. There are tons of trucks.Set up a driver before you get there. The resort at portillo was expensive though the lift tickets are not bad. Good luck.

By the way, you get about 650 pesos to the Dollar. I go there monthly and love it, trying to buy an apartment there. Cheap to live, people are awesome, chicks are hot, beaches are nude, Sangria is excellent, Andes mountains are close for snowboarding. Plenty to do in Santiago, clean, good public transportation, subways are safe and clean. Wine tours are kickass! Excellent food too! God I want to retire there!

O.k. so I fly there Friday get in Saturday morning. Should I just get a van when I get there or arrange one ahead of time?

Hey just got back from Santiago and had a freakn blast. Stayed in a hostel in Farellones, on the mountain. Snowed heavy while we were there and got some great boarding in. Went to El Colorado and La Parva to snowboard. Everyone was nice and helpful. Food was great and it wasjust an all around good time. Flew business elite there and back so it made the 9 hour flight go by fast. thanks for all the advice guys! I'm definate going back.

Latest resources

Back