• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

smoking in the cockpit

siucavflight said:
If that is the way that you really feel you might want to get out now, we dont want any potheads/acid freaks flying around. You seem to make a pretty big assumption while only having been in aviation for a few hours.

It's ok. His response is typical. Because everyone else in the U.S. gets stoned regularly, they assume that pilots do too. I've even encountered guys that say "It's cool, I don't mind if pilots do weed. I assume they are responsible enough to not fly stoned."

Gorilla said:
It's ok. His response is typical. Because everyone else in the U.S. gets stoned regularly, they assume that pilots do too. I've even encountered guys that say "It's cool, I don't mind if pilots do weed. I assume they are responsible enough to not fly stoned."
It just pisses me off. This kid thinks that just because he is a pot head so is everyone else. The people that I am around would never even dream of doing any type of illegal drug, I think that pilots are the most disciplined when it comes to this.

siucavflight said:
It just pisses me off. This kid thinks that just because he is a pot head so is everyone else. The people that I am around would never even dream of doing any type of illegal drug, I think that pilots are the most disciplined when it comes to this.
Why are we assuming he's talking about drugs? When I first read his posts I thought he was referring about either small amounts of alcohol, non-FAA approved meds we're not suppose to be taking while flying, and those other little things that creep up in your system that you don't know about.

I don't think he was directly referring to being a druggie, or the rest of us being one either.

Settle down guys... and it appears he's justa newbie in the aviation world, so I'd let it slide. I remember when I got into the game I had some pre-conceived notions about pilots all being womanizers and they all cheated on their wives. I think we all know the truth about that. Besides, a lot of people think all us pilots are ragining alcoholics, and all we do is live in bars and chase skirts on the road.

Maybe this guy hasn't been around enough pilots or in aviation long enough to know that his assumptions might be wrong.

Sticky said:
How many of you guys can still smoke while flying? One of the best parts of my job is being to smoke anytime. Do many freight runners and such get away with it? After all, those little storm windows work great! Are there many corp. flight departments that still allow smoking?

Now thats Really, Really Sad!!

Latest resources

Back