smoking in the cockpit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Never Trust A Monkey
How many of you guys can still smoke while flying? One of the best parts of my job is being to smoke anytime. Do many freight runners and such get away with it? After all, those little storm windows work great! Are there many corp. flight departments that still allow smoking?

Last edited:
It doesn't happen anymore at least at AA. Occasionally you hear stories of some guy who knows how to set up the ventilation to guarantee the smoke will not flow aft, but the risk is too great. All it takes is one passenger (probably jonesing himself) to get a whiff near the forward lav, and it's all over after he writes a letter to the company.

When I was still at AA I flew with a Captain on the S-80 who was in the 100-200 seniority range. Basically he had been at AA so long he didn't give a damn anymore. He smoked in the cockpit on every leg on taxi out. One day we taxied by EWR tower and he flicked out his cigarette butt right in front of them before we taxied on the RWY 22R.

if every single pilot in the united states crashed and died tomorrow:

i would not want to know how many of them had some sort of prohibited substance in their system.

Dangerkitty said:
When I was still at AA I flew with a Captain on the S-80 who was in the 100-200 seniority range. Basically he had been at AA so long he didn't give a dang anymore. He smoked in the cockpit on every leg on taxi out. One day we taxied by EWR tower and he flicked out his cigarette butt right in front of them before we taxied on the RWY 22R.

a captain with that seniority # is flying itno a gypsy island like that on and md80?!!?!?!?!?!

how long you been at aal? pm me

frog_flyer said:

i would not want to know how many of them had some sort of prohibited substance in their system.

Nicotine is a prohibited substance? OH NO!!

frog_flyer said:

If that is the way that you really feel you might want to get out now, we dont want any potheads/acid freaks flying around. You seem to make a pretty big assumption while only having been in aviation for a few hours.

Latest resources

Back