• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Smashed windshield UAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why does this keep making the news!? It's not a big deal. It scares the sh** out of you if you are the one flying the plane when it does but at no time are you really in danger. The QRH doesn't even say land at the nearest suitable airport. I don't blame a PIC for diverting if they choose to do so because it is incredibly unnerving the first time you have a windshield shatter. But it's not worthy of being in the news.

Got that T-shirt. Happened enroute to ATL over GSO at 30K. Actually sounded like a shotgun at first....lol. It definately got my morning off to a wicked start, but it wasn't a big deal. We just continued into Atlanta at a lower altitude and slower airspeed. Definately not newsworthy, but to someone that doesn't know about flying, it looks like the apocalypse is coming.

I'm guessing...........

They were practicing for the corn holing Hulas is going to be giving them and the FO had his head rammed into the windscreen. Wall-ah! Busted windscreen.

My middle layer shattered while on the ground during my IOE . Very loud but non event, except that the flight was cancelled. we ferried it unpressurized, not a big deal

Latest resources

Back