Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILStoMinimums

Hey guys!

I just had a friend of mine, who was furloughed by CO, just got the recall call about 2 weeks. Well, he declined the offer - would you guys call that a smart move? He was a 737 IAH based FO.

He currently flies a Citation - flies all over the country.

The only person who can make that determination is your friend. He may be very happy driving that Crustation.

And I'm just speculating, he could have declined the recall at this time because of an obligation he made to his current employer. He may be able to go back to CO at a later recall.

Who knows the situation, like Brett said.

He might prefer his present job over being the "tail-end Charlie" and sitting reserve in EWR or whatever that entails. Maybe he figures he'll go back when he can be assured a line.

The good news is he gets to keep doing what he's evidently enjoying, and someone else gets to come back to work at CAL.

Sounds like a win/win situation.

PS, not every Citation is a "crustacean". Even an old Citation 3 is will still do .82 or better and climb right up into the mid 40's.

First year Small Narrowbody FO makes flat $2500/month

Year 2 goes to $60.09/hour. Present agreement has been amendable for nearly 500 days.

Maybe poor guy doesn't want to sit reserve in Guam. Don't blame him.

CAL FO 2nd year=60.09/hour
XJet CA 6th year=59.82/hour

What's wrong with this picture??

Last edited:
Just because he declined the recall doesn't mean he gave up his seniority number.

He can pass recall until the last CAL furloughee is back on property. When he does return, he will hold his previous position on the seniority list.

He can probably go back within a 10 year window--anytime there is a newhire class....

Bye Bye---General Lee;)

We had in the neighborhood of 600 on furlough. This month, we started recalling guys - 169 total for the year. That won't even cover retirements for the year. Then, management says they want to increase flying 6% this year.

Lineholders are having lines built to +- 80 hours, and reserves (like me) have been flying over pay cap this winter (a traditionally slow period) - who's going to do this extra 6%?

Rumors abound about a re-bid sometime in the spring to bring more guys back...

Hey General, when we gonna merge already... ? Every guy from CVG I fly with says "It's any day now!"..... for the last three years....

calfo,

Good question. I think we would have to clean up the NYC monopoly first (Delta Shuttle--LGA, our JFK hub, your EWR). I have heard that our new CEO likes mergers---since he sold Western to Delta back in 88 I believe.....

Bye Bye---General Lee;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back