• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Small Fracs Working together?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahh...ever had to divert on a dead head leg Glass? Me either.

Ya know, United, American, JetBlue, SouthWest, and Delta divert too.

Yet pilots STILL jumpseat and non-rev on them.

Last edited:
Ya know, United, American, JetBlue, SouthWest, and Delta divert too.

Yet pilots STILL jumpseat and non-rev on them.

When was the last time United diverted to Minot, ND to pick up a revenue trip that just booked during that repo leg? Sucks for the jumpseater who is going to find himself in the middle of nowhere when we get that afis to divert...

Yup, super genius. Just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it's not a great idea.

Diverts is the big problem? Really? Sure, I divert...once every 1 or 2 hundred flights. Do you divert more? Like I said, every carrier diverts a small percentage of the time. Maybe we do more...but not enough to be a real factor. It's a good idea.

Yup, super genius. Just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it's not a great idea.

Diverts is the big problem? Really? Sure, I divert...once every 1 or 2 hundred flights. Do you divert more? Like I said, every carrier diverts a small percentage of the time. Maybe we do more...but not enough to be a real factor. It's a good idea.

Divert may not be the most correct term. How about "re-route or reschedule" the tail number to a different trip, not weather related. Does that help?

X

I get it. Plane doesn't go where non-rev guy in back thought it would for whatever reason.

Maybe you end up somewhere other than where you thought you were going once every ten years. In that case you get a rental and an airline home and maybe a day of OT. The company would have more than enough in savings from buying half as many airline tickets as they do today to cover those one off times a flight diverts (for any reason).

I know I would much rather take my chances with a dead leg canceling or diverting if it saved me an airline flight. I hate airlineing.

Just seems we have a LOT of dead legs out there and it would be swell if we could somehow utilize them. Teaming up to make better use of them might be beneficial to all.

Yea Glass. I'm sure management would love to help out the competition. There are so many reasons to avoid what you suggest, yet you see none of them. There is no point continuing any discussion with you. Then again, we already knew that.

In fairness to Glass - while a divert is always possible, in the 10 years I've been at Netjets I've done it exactly twice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back