small Comair update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJFlyer

Called to Cincy about an hour ago just to say hi... I was told that classes will most likely restart in July (we knew that) and that the first class roster is already set. I asked about that class to see if I was included and she said that they have already been notified twice, so since I didn't hear anything I assume the wait will continue a bit more.

I asked her where i stand now and she said I'm looking pretty good because it's mostly military guys ahead of me, FYI I interviewed Feb. 21st. She didn't give me an exact number but still looks positive for class before summer ends.

They didn't know whether there would be a class every week or every two weeks? I was told to give a call next week because friday (tomorrow) is when HR will be able to tell scheduling whats goin on for July.

Anybody hear anything or get a class date yet?

:)

That sounds legit, now that the Bombardier strick is over, we are back to receiving new a/c. We were told by management that we will still get all the deliveries that were sched. this year, which means they are going to have to run a lot of classes for the rest of the year to prevent us from being short. Good luck

CRJFlyer Questiion

Who did you talk to at Comair? I was scheduled for the May 22nd class and was told by Linda that those in that class would be the first class in June or July depending on when they started back up. I have not been called but did talke to Kathy Advent last Thurs and she told me the same story. I am curious has anyone on this board been contacted??

I've spoken with both Kathy and Linda recently and they've both said that the July class is tentative (but pretty certain) and that no date has been set. I expect that the guys from the May 22nd class won't be called until a solid date is set.

I interviewed on 5 March, and was told that it was almost impossible to tell what class after the first one I might be in, because of the length of the delay (folks finding other jobs) and the status of the military hirees (stop loss, mobilization, etc.)

I've decided to dedicate my summer to getting to know my kids as I would have liked to when they were young, and I was too busy. I told them this (boy 13, girl 11) and they seemed receptive. But does anyone know what it means when your kids hold their thumb and forefinger up to their forehead in the shape of an "L"? They said it was a sign of respect, but they were laughing pretty hard too. ;)

My Guess..just that a guess

Is that they will not call anyone until they have a firm date. I was told that they would probably wait until about 30 days out. I just sent Kathy an email asking her what was going on and also send a copy of the post to see if she wanted to comment.

i spoke with Linda.....she really couldn't divulge too much info because there wasn't too much to divulge yet.. When I asked if she had the list of the first class she simply said that they had been contacted twice?? I don't know if she meant by phone or mail???maybe we were getting each other confused??but it sounded like the first class was contacted for July?? But don't bet the farm on my conversation with her..she was battling the allergies in Cincy.:)

Email from Kathy Advent

After the post last night about having classes start in Jul I sent Kathy Advent a note this morning...this is what I got back from her:

Classes scheduled for May classes could start in June? Should, (pray really hard) we will know today.

Kathy

June, July , August......first class, second class.....ehhhh.....I need a beer..;)

Guess waiting and seeing seems about the best way to do things about now... I'm just a tiny bit confused by the conflicting possible class dates? Oh well, I'll have a cold one for everyone

Latest resources

Back