• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI Arbitration/Negotiation Deadline Still 11/20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to be out of touch, but are we going to find out Nov 20 or Dec 20? Is Dec 20 only the "written" opinion? Are we getting a "verbal" opinion on the 20th of Nov?

Nowhere to go but up, here. :)

Sorry to be out of touch, but are we going to find out Nov 20 or Dec 20? Is Dec 20 only the "written" opinion? Are we getting a "verbal" opinion on the 20th of Nov?

Nowhere to go but up, here. :)

Heyas Wings,

As it stands, verbal award is November 20th, and the written award is one month later.

The NWA Alpa merger committee has not agreed to change the date as of yet.

Nu

Heyas Wings,

As it stands, verbal award is November 20th, and the written award is one month later.

The NWA Alpa merger committee has not agreed to change the date as of yet.

Nu

Can one of you NWA guys post any information that you have as to why you think the award is still going to be on November 20th. Personally I want this over with and I'd rather T-day be destroyed than Christmas. Here is what we got from our MEC Chairman on Oct. 29th:

"In addition, the Arbitration Panel has requested that the award date be modified from November 20 to no later than December 20, 2008 so as to coincide with the date specified in the Process Agreement for the written opinion supporting the award. All parties have agreed to this change, and in accordance with the Transaction Framework Agreement, the SLI Process Agreement will be modified to reflect this later date. This change will [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]not [/FONT][/FONT]affect the SLI hearing dates. The third and final set of SLI" hearing days will take place November 15-17 in Los Angeles.

Can one of you NWA guys post any information that you have as to why you think the award is still going to be on November 20th. Personally I want this over with and I'd rather T-day be destroyed than Christmas. Here is what we got from our MEC Chairman on Oct. 29th:

Here ya go (from Nov 2nd MEC message):

The Arbitrators have indicated a benefit in issuing one opinion and award instead of a separate award by November 20 and then their opinion by December 20. They believe this is better way of completing the process, so that we receive both the award and opinion on the same day. Accepting this suggestion will not affect the last day of hearings, which under the already agreed to ground rules will be November 17.

While we are supportive of moving the announcement date of the award, it has not been signed off in a document at this time. We continue to work cooperatively to resolve this matter and will keep you informed.

Nu

Thanks Nu,

It's funny how different the information is depending on which MEC puts it out. I want this over sooner than later.

Knowing most airline management and the games they play (esp when Ford & Harrison is in the equation), I wouldn't doubt they've given some pressing reason to delay it (and likely again), while the MECs play right into their hands and ensure a smooth holiday travel season.

A strike or work action would not occur either way. It is totally out of the equation.
We will all just be Scrooges over Christmas.

Seeing as mediated talks have broken off looks like it will be plan A..... 20th NOV..

Here's my 2 cents,

If we have allowed the arbitrators the leeway to give the award and follow up documents both on December 20th then I would imagine that they will take that amount of time. (The problem is our side says we have extended it and the NWA side says they haven't signed anything in writing.) We still have three days of rebuttals November 15-17 regardless. So I would say that they arbitrators will not jump through hoops between the 18 and 20 if they have another month. Again this is just my opinion, I have no inside track.

Latest resources

Back