SLC to ATL Transition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

Looking at the final awards posted today, there are 75 SLC Captains moving to ATL as 700 Captains. Now, if we lose those 13 airplanes and get no 900's, that's alot of Captains and F/O's doing nothing. Something will have to give. And no I don't mean furlough's either. I call total BS on this one from management. We'll either get more 50's from the desert, or keep some 70's. If they want us to grow, there is no sense in furloughs, only to bring back and re-train. B.L and J.A definately have something up there sleeve. Problem is, B.L's body is covered with too many stock options to check his sleeve.

IFLYASA said:
Looking at the final awards posted today, there are 75 SLC Captains moving to ATL as 700 Captains. Now, if we lose those 13 airplanes and get no 900's, that's alot of Captains and F/O's doing nothing. Something will have to give. And no I don't mean furlough's either. I call total BS on this one from management. We'll either get more 50's from the desert, or keep some 70's. If they want us to grow, there is no sense in furloughs, only to bring back and re-train. B.L and J.A definately have something up there sleeve. Problem is, B.L's body is covered with too many stock options to check his sleeve.

I agree. I doubt there would be any practical way to absorb those pilots without something new in the works. Just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. If it was all about cost saving and such, why would the company leave us so "fat"? I think BL and CT are trying to use the base closure to and everything else to try and coerce the pilot group into concessions. The timing of it all just seems too convenient for them.

Last edited:
Agreed! Problem they didn't plan on is because they have chose to close SLC, my price has gone up. ASA could have easily been given the growth planned for SLC. I've been displaced twice now in less than 2 years. I absolutely adore those I work with, but it is all I can do to keep from vomiting knowing I'm making money for this friggen management. I've saved up to survive at least a year on savings, strike benifets, unemployment, collecting cans from garbage dumpsters. I am absolutely ready, willing, and able to shut this place down.

If this was Chicago in the 1930's, BL, and CT would be visited by the "Family".

ASA will lose all its 70's by this time next year. You can thank alpa for that, a strike will be the straw that breaks the camels back. I hope you pro-strikers realize this and plan on getting another job and helping those people who lose theirs because of your selfishness.

SuperKooter said:
I hope you pro-strikers realize this and plan on getting another job and helping those people who lose theirs because of your selfishness.

Takes one to know one.

Have you looked in the mirror?

I have an idea, follow Terry Hayes to the NY Times.

SuperKooter said:
ASA will lose all its 70's by this time next year. You can thank alpa for that, a strike will be the straw that breaks the camels back. I hope you pro-strikers realize this and plan on getting another job and helping those people who lose theirs because of your selfishness.

Get back to your Microsoft Flight Simulator.

i don't know about y'all but i make more money doing my side job than i do at ASA!! always have... if we close, we close and i can spend more time doing my side job that makes more money anyway......

it has been a cool time at ASA and i have met a lot of great folks, as well as some bone heads...

BL can have his stock options. Chuck can have his Delta retirement and all those airplanes can go to the desert. who cares. all my experience, knowledge and professionalism cost something, $$$$.

Buzz Saw

SuperKooter said:

This guy is unbelievable. Never thought I'd put someone on the ignore list, but this guy has got to go. I agree that he contributes NOTHING productive to ANY of these threads.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back